The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We have a bit of drizzle as well. I've had to move my washing inside. Currently it's draped over the doors, chairs, fire Place etc.:laugh:

Can you still find Mr WD?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just had a thought. If this energy crisis gets any worse I could sit in the cupboard myself. :laugh:

Could you still connect to broadband? Or will we have to spend the winter wondering if Mo is in her cupboard?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I think I will buy one of those clothes dryers that you can hang things on and dry the clothes on that. It will definitely be a lot cheaper than using the tumble dryer. I refuse to use that now.

In fact, now I have the spare room as my workroom, I can put it in there to dry stuff. It'll get things out of the way as well.

We have a clothes horse and it's going to get more use. Already decided I'm going to change beds, white and colour washes on a good drying rather than on my housework day.

The thing which is exercising my mind is electricity. I'm monitoring daily usage which is consistently costing £1.73/day. We're running a freezer, fridge, washing machine, TV, charging phones, tablets, laptops and I estimate 5 hours of a single light bulb. That works out at £12/week, £624/year. It's summer! :wacko::eek:

I'm convinced the freezer is costing a fortune, it's always running, can hear the motor. Tonight I'm turning it off at 7.00pm and will check our consumption over 12 hours compared with the days it's on.

This by the way is very unusual behaviour for me. :laugh:

Gas is currently 7p per day. Cooking and showers.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We have a clothes horse and it's going to get more use. Already decided I'm going to change beds, white and colour washes on a good drying rather than on my housework day.

The thing which is exercising my mind is electricity. I'm monitoring daily usage which is consistently costing £1.73/day. We're running a freezer, fridge, washing machine, TV, charging phones, tablets, laptops and I estimate 5 hours of a single light bulb. That works out at £12/week, £624/year. It's summer! :wacko::eek:

I'm convinced the freezer is costing a fortune, it's always running, can hear the motor. Tonight I'm turning it off at 7.00pm and will check our consumption over 12 hours compared with the days it's on.

This by the way is very unusual behaviour for me. :laugh:

Gas is currently 7p per day. Cooking and showers.

Fridges and freezers and emersion heaters for your hot water all cost quite a bit. Kettles as well. I go round turning everything off at the mains now.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Morning. Quite overcast here with :rain: forecast soon so better head out. The old quads are feeling yesterday’s hilly walk so need to get them moving again before they seize up. :laugh:

298836467_170128765583779_5685383661884963279_n.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Afternoon all.
Went out on the old refurbished Raleigh today, all was well until after a few miles going up a hill, the chain snapped :eek:
I have a quick link for the 6 speed chain, but can I get it to lock in place, no.
I think it is the original chain, so I will get a new one tomorrow from the LBS.

Top Bottom