The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Did you get to sleep again? Hope you feel rested.
Like a log.
Thanks

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, a broken nights sleep. I was awake at 2am, 5am, and 6. Woke up again at 7.30 feeling like I've been clubbed over the head.
All the usual things to do this morning, then meet up with the escape committee at the Black Horse for lunch as one of our friends is going back to Australia on Sunday. He'll be away until December.
Enjoy your day everyone :cuppa:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Got a 5 mile walk done but got rained on and had to change the bottom half and socks when I got back. We have sun at the moment but not sure if it's here to stay.

I don't envy Dave7's fatigue, but I do envy his ability to sleep. I've long forgotten what a long night of unbroken sleep feels like. I think I must be related to Maggie Thatcher. 3 hours is plenty :laugh:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Going to have a quick spray over with my 'Stale Cabbage & Piss' deodorant before we go.

299431684_2259515317540806_3624582657677571649_n.jpg

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Morning. Got a 5 mile walk done but got rained on and had to change the bottom half and socks when I got back. We have sun at the moment but not sure if it's here to stay.

I don't envy Dave7's fatigue, but I do envy his ability to sleep. I've long forgotten what a long night of unbroken sleep feels like. I think I must be related to Maggie Thatcher. 3 hours is plenty :laugh:

My sleep pattern ( or lack of ) is similar to yours , it has been a cause of concern to me for years as the long term effects of bad sleep pattern are not good. I do drink a fair bit of coffee which I tried to give up and failed . Trying to get to like green tea ( organic) as its supposed to really battle the potential of dementia . I Don't have the motivation to stop looking at screen or eating for 4 or 5 hours before bed either

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My sleep pattern ( or lack of ) is similar to yours , it has been a cause of concern to me for years as the long term effects of bad sleep pattern are not good. I do drink a fair bit of coffee which I tried to give up and failed . Trying to get to like green tea ( organic) as its supposed to really battle the potential of dementia . I Don't have the motivation to stop looking at screen or eating for 4 or 5 hours before bed either

I've been off coffee for 3 months now apart from the odd decaf coffee or tea which has negligible amounts of caffeine in them, but can't say I've noticed any improvements in sleep so far. Less headaches though so that alone is worth it for me. Yes, it worries me a bit too, especially when you enjoy exercise. I feel you can never really recover properly.

Top Bottom