The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good afternoon. I got a bit hassled earlier and forgot to say hello. Weather has been pretty good and we now have a beautiful breezy afternoon.

A walking day today, we did 7 very enjoyable miles with four good friends. Excellent walk

Tried turning off the freezer last night for 12 hours but after three hours the temperature had dropped 3⁰ and I decided not to risk 12 hours. I've read about freezer maintenance. Seems the coils should be cleaned regularly to maximise heat exchange - when I've finished my brew that's my next task. Also need to look at improving the airflow to the back where the heat exchanger is located by pulling it forward a few inches.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The heat exchanger was disappointingly clean so that's not going to make much difference. I've left a 6" gap between the wall and back of the freezer.

Rehomed several spiders.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good afternoon. I got a bit hassled earlier and forgot to say hello. Weather has been pretty good and we now have a beautiful breezy afternoon.

A walking day today, we did 7 very enjoyable miles with four good friends. Excellent walk

Tried turning off the freezer last night for 12 hours but after three hours the temperature had dropped 3⁰ and I decided not to risk 12 hours. I've read about freezer maintenance. Seems the coils should be cleaned regularly to maximise heat exchange - when I've finished my brew that's my next task. Also need to look at improving the airflow to the back where the heat exchanger is located by pulling it forward a few inches.
You tried cleaning the radiator?

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm not sure what you mean by this?
You got something like this visible on the back?
Old Style fridge.jpg

It's a great collector of grease and dust.

D

Deleted member 1258

From my facebook page tonight.

A teacher asks the class to name things that end with 'tor' that eat things.
The first little boy says, "Alligator."
"Very good," the teacher says, "that's a big word."
The second boy says, "Predator."
"Yes, that's another big word. Well done," she says.
Little Johnny says, "Vibrator."
After nearly falling off her chair, she says, "That is a big word, but it doesn't eat anything."
"Well", says Little Johnny, "my sister has one and she says it eats f*****g batteries
like there's no tomorrow!"

D

Deleted member 1258

I give mine a vacuum every year or so.
Get all the dust and fluff off.

I hardly touch our fridge/freezer, it'll get de iced when it gets too bad,cleaned when it gets too mucky and pulled out to clean behind about once a year, its such a faf to get out I'd rather not move it, its got wheels on the back and feet on the front so it need the front lifting as I pull it towards me, a daft design.

Top Bottom