The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Why would you want a heat pump that cools your house down?
As I wrote, the coil bit gets warm so it would heat your house. A lot of heat pumps are reversible so can cool your house in the summer and heat it in the winter.

`

It's also an air sourced heat pump. ( imagine the big coil that gets hot being inside your house, and the inside of the fridge that keeps things cold being outside your house but the door is missing ) That's how Air sourced heat pumps work.

It made me think of what other objects work in reverse ? A camera in reverse would become a projector .

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. The rain came on around 5am so I just lay as long as I could but the old hips start getting achy so had to get up. I’ll wait till later to get out as I don’t fancy another soaking this morning.

I gave Marriage a go last night and forced myself to watch 2 episodes. I’m sure the writer is trying to cleverly show the tedium of a long term relationship or something, but it isn’t working for me.

Morning. The rain came on around 5am so I just lay as long as I could but the old hips start getting achy so had to get up. I’ll wait till later to get out as I don’t fancy another soaking this morning.

I gave Marriage a go last night and forced myself to watch 2 episodes. I’m sure the writer is trying to cleverly show the tedium of a long term relationship or something, but it isn’t working for me.

Is it based on a normal working couple or film or football celebrities ? If the latter it would be full of action ! Divorces , legal action , more weddings and so on .
I sometimes wonder if they become addicted to marzipan ! :whistle:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

2 Episodes :notworthy::notworthy:.:notworthy:. I gave up after 10 minutes of episode 1. I didn’t get beyond the argument about chips or a jacket potato. Mrs JK managed all of episode 1 .

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good Morning and bang on cue the 50% chance of rain has arrived. Dark, overcast and drizzly but forecast to improve.

I will join the Club Ride at 9.25 as it passes my road and will very likely peel off and head for home after 24 miles. Small person is arriving for a sleepover this morning. Not sure what I will do, still the route is very handy to let me jump on and short cut if I wish...........................I wonder who designed the route for today??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not much else to say. Hoping the weather is decent this after so I can take small person to the village sports club where the cricket will be on and lots of kids running around. We will see.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
No rain her today, clear skys, but nice and cool .
Off to London Colney nature reserve later. I used to go fishing there, 60 years ago with my Dad when the old gravel pits were leased by the Barnet and District fishing club. Nowadays it is a reserve and it is a nice walk all around there, and somewhere new for Millie the Collie to explore.
Lunch will be had in the Green Dragon pub by the River Colne.
I have a new chain to fit onto the Raleigh Royal, which should take all of 10 minutes which includes shortening it to the correct length.
Another busy day in paradise :cuppa:

Top Bottom