The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Its awfully quiet round here today, where is everybody? Am I missing something? ^_^
Maybe "Marriage" has got them all!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Tenkaykev I know nothing about passion fruit other than they're great to eat, make jam etc. Re growing and pruning I got this from the RHS website. Makes sense to me, as it should from the RHS, and is simple to carry out.

I suggest you try YouTube as well. Enjoy

RHS passion fruit

Screenshot_20220821-062717_Chrome.jpg

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Very still and cool and looks as though a beautiful day ahead. Small person has embraced Sunday with great enthusiasm. Old person is pouring coffee down his neck......fast! She slept 8.15 to 5.45 which is brilliant. I did almost the same! Mrs P is sleeping.

Had a good ride yesterday morning and joined the group for 20 miles before peeling off for home through a heavy headwind. Everyone bar me on Di2. A good friend of mine had just had hers "fixed" and within three miles it wasn't fixed any more. She had to bail out before we hit the hills. That's the thing with Di2, it's either great or nackered!

Small person is being very good, occupying herself but I suspect "book" and "choose" are not far off. I love early language; we use 20 words when two get the message over very succinctly.

I shall return.

:hello:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. I was up at first light, quick cuppa then out the door at 5.30. I walked just over 2 miles to warm up then jogged 4 miles home. Hard work as the legs weren't keen today and felt like I was wearing lead diving boots. :laugh: I still enjoy the buzz running gives me though.

Better go and run a bath and get my damp gear off before I get chilled.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've been grandparenting...............anyone want a small child, delivery included.

Been there, got the tee shirt etc. My "little" one is 19 now ^_^

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

More unclutterring today. We knocked the utility room into shape yesterday - all spic and span now ready for estate agents photographs.
Only got bedroom 2 and kitchen to do now, which we will tackle later today and tomorrow.
Lunch booked at the Crown later.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
Off to Poole shortly as Mrs Tenkaykev has an optician appointment at 10:00. It’s open day at RNLI headquarters which is conveniently less than 100 metres from the optician so we plan to wander around there. That should take us up to lunchtime so a pub lunch is also on the cards.
Have a peaceful day folks 👍😎

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning folks,
Off to Poole shortly as Mrs Tenkaykev has an optician appointment at 10:00. It’s open day at RNLI headquarters which is conveniently less than 100 metres from the optician so we plan to wander around there. That should take us up to lunchtime so a pub lunch is also on the cards.
Have a peaceful day folks 👍😎

An optician open on a Sunday? That's pretty unusual I would have thought.

Porridge finished so cuppa now.

I watched the third episode of Marriage last night. I am a glutton for punishment. :laugh: Van Der Valk is on tonight, but I want to watch the athletics so I'll catch up on it another night.

Top Bottom