The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am watching the gymnastics. If I wasn't actually seeing it I would say that what they do is impossible. Amazing and breathtaking.
NB
I doubt even Mo could do these things.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am watching the gymnastics. If I wasn't actually seeing it I would say that what they do is impossible. Amazing and breathtaking.
NB
I doubt even Mo could do these things.

I definitely couldn’t! I’m seriously inflexible. Did you watch any of the BMX biking? It was amazing too. Seemed almost super human what they could do on the bikes.

Another short walk done before lunch which is just a sandwich and cuppa. It’s windy here which keeps blowing sharp showers over.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I definitely couldn’t! I’m seriously inflexible. Did you watch any of the BMX biking? It was amazing too. Seemed almost super human what they could do on the bikes.

Another short walk done before lunch which is just a sandwich and cuppa. It’s windy here which keeps blowing sharp showers over.

Didn't see the biking but I do enjoy watching it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Which threads?

The one about number plates on bikes. It’s not like there was any arguing or anything. Surely if political decisions are being contemplated that directly affect cycling they could be discussed.

D

Deleted member 1258

The one about number plates on bikes. It’s not like there was any arguing or anything. Surely if political decisions are being contemplated that directly affect cycling they could be discussed.

There were at least two threads on that subject and those two got merged, the merged thread is still about, or was the last time I looked.

You've never experienced delayed onset muscle soreness? or experienced it but didn't know what it was called?

Never heard it called DOMS - just "you sometimes get stiff after exercise"

As for today - I had an 'adventure'
Puncture about 8 miles from home
OK - no problem - we have the technology
except that the pump had somehow managed to unscrew itself and was in several bit all over the bag.
And at some point something gooey had merged with a biscuit and covered all the parts in gunk
Cleaned and reassembled it but it would not work - appeared totally broken

so 8 mile walk home it was then.

I asked a couple of drivers if they had a pump (car type valves) but they didn't - but I remembered there was a garage a mile or so down the road so I popped in there so see if they could help with some air
They were really really nice and tried to pupm the tyre up - resulting in the tyre still being flat and all the tyre sealant oozing out over the floor

As I now had access to air I could change the inner tube - the nice people even leant me a rag to clean up all the sealant that was everywhere

Got it all sorted and they blew the tyre up for me and I was off on my way!

WHen I got home I checked out the old inner tube - I was assuming that an old puncture repair had failed but it turned out that the seam had split over a 2 inch section and all the sealant must have just flooded out
not seen an inner tube fail that badly before - I am assuming it got over stressed in the heat a few days ago and a bump on the road was too much for it!

D

Deleted member 1258

Never heard it called DOMS - just "you sometimes get stiff after exercise"

As for today - I had an 'adventure'
Puncture about 8 miles from home
OK - no problem - we have the technology
except that the pump had somehow managed to unscrew itself and was in several bit all over the bag.
And at some point something gooey had merged with a biscuit and covered all the parts in gunk
Cleaned and reassembled it but it would not work - appeared totally broken

so 8 mile walk home it was then.

I asked a couple of drivers if they had a pump (car type valves) but they didn't - but I remembered there was a garage a mile or so down the road so I popped in there so see if they could help with some air
They were really really nice and tried to pupm the tyre up - resulting in the tyre still being flat and all the tyre sealant oozing out over the floor

As I now had access to air I could change the inner tube - the nice people even leant me a rag to clean up all the sealant that was everywhere

Got it all sorted and they blew the tyre up for me and I was off on my way!

WHen I got home I checked out the old inner tube - I was assuming that an old puncture repair had failed but it turned out that the seam had split over a 2 inch section and all the sealant must have just flooded out
not seen an inner tube fail that badly before - I am assuming it got over stressed in the heat a few days ago and a bump on the road was too much for it!

Its annoying when that happens, I've had it happen a few times.

Top Bottom