The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have a load of washing on the line, but it looks like we may well have rain so I will have to keep a close eye on it just in case :rain:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
We have a bit of drizzle as well. I've had to move my washing inside. Currently it's draped over the doors, chairs, fire Place etc.:laugh:

I washed a few things earlier but I’ve just put them over the drier and put it in my hall cupboard as there’s a bit of warmth from the hot water tank in there.

Just had a thought. If this energy crisis gets any worse I could sit in the cupboard myself. :laugh:

monkers

Veteran
I'm still alive!

Hope life is being kind to the kind folk on here. xx

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I washed a few things earlier but I’ve just puttinthem over the drier and put it in my hall cupboard as there’s a bit of warmth from the hot water tank in there.

Just had a thought. If this energy crisis gets any worse I could sit in the cupboard myself. :laugh:

I think I will buy one of those clothes dryers that you can hang things on and dry the clothes on that. It will definitely be a lot cheaper than using the tumble dryer. I refuse to use that now.

In fact, now I have the spare room as my workroom, I can put it in there to dry stuff. It'll get things out of the way as well.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think I will buy one of those clothes dryers that you can hang things on and dry the clothes on that. It will definitely be a lot cheaper than using the tumble dryer. I refuse to use that now.

In fact, now I have the spare room as my workroom, I can put it in there to dry stuff. It'll get things out of the way as well.

Make sure you leave a window open though to avoid condensation. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom