The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We lived in Sparkbrook for six months or so from September 1980. I think it was Stoney Lane. We were married in English Martyrs R C.

Got out to Harborne shortly afterwards.
I remember the English Tomatyrs school in Sparkbrook. :whistle:
I went to Dennis Road Junior & Infants school from 1958 to 1962, just off Stoney Lane. We moved to Hall Green when I was 7. The rest of my school life was split between Hall Green Juniors and Moseley Grammar. I left Brum in 1977......never to return.:smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Ernie Prize Checker Day today,

£100 quid for me (will fill the car up with diesel, just!!)
£75 for Mrs. Slow.

Last draw of 2018 and total winnings for the year have paid far more than if we had put the money in a fixed term account at the bank. Obviously I realise we could have won nowt but been a good year, no big prizes but lots of small amounts which add up.

£25 for me this month. Was hoping for a couple of extra noughts, but it is a few pints care of ERNIE:cheers:
This year I have had a couple of hundred out of the system so no complaints from me. Better return than most
bank/building society accounts.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Gonna cash mine in and buy new ones.
Got the maximum allowance but have only had £25 this year.
Maybe some fresh numbers might work.

You can do it all online can't you?

GM

Legendary Member
Ernie Prize Checker Day today,

£100 quid for me (will fill the car up with diesel, just!!)
£75 for Mrs. Slow.

Last draw of 2018 and total winnings for the year have paid far more than if we had put the money in a fixed term account at the bank. Obviously I realise we could have won nowt but been a good year, no big prizes but lots of small amounts which add up.

Same for us, £150 this month. Got a return of 1.8% this year.

£25 for me this month. Was hoping for a couple of extra noughts, but it is a few pints care of ERNIE:cheers:
This year I have had a couple of hundred out of the system so no complaints from me. Better return than most
bank/building society accounts.

In 1973 I bought 100 quids worth of PB's, I've not had a single penny back in winnings. I might be just unlucky, or the big one is not far away!

Top Bottom