The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
PaulSB has just told use he has loadsa dosh. To get that sort of return you need to have the full £50,000.
I've got the full amount allowable and have only won £25 this year.:sad:
Think I might cash 'em in and go on a spending spree.....

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, wet and windy here this morning .after a breakfast of fruit and Greek yoghurt I shall be out with the dog for a couple of hours and then I am meeting my son in the local burrito shack for lunch. Then maybe a couple of pints whilst waiting for the weather to die down.
I was going to put a new layer of felt on the shed roof as the summer temperatures seem to of made the felt permeable and the shed has small puddles forming. There are no rips or tares visible. But that will now be a job for tomorrow.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
On a different note, has anyone else here ever done jury service? I got called some months ago and have to be at the Royal Courts of justice in the Strand on Monday morning. I'm looking forward to it.

I did it years ago in Birmingham. Quite boring, interspersed with interest when i was called into a case. Aother boring time spent doing nothing after the case, then another short case. I spent more time in a room with a lot of other people doing nothing. Might be ok if you have an interesting case.

very wet and very windy , I fear wigan pier may be submerged :surrender:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
On a different note, has anyone else here ever done jury service? I got called some months ago and have to be at the Royal Courts of justice in the Strand on Monday morning. I'm looking forward to it.

I did about four years ago. I found it very interesting though there is a lot of hanging about. Take a good book. I was surprised by how many cases, 80% of those I was called for, involved sexual exploitation of young people. All girls.

You will be instructed not to discuss ongoing cases with anyone. One evening my wife asked about a case - it was a two day one. I refused to say and she got quite cross with me. The following day I told her about the case and her immediate reaction was "guilty." Which left me then to explain that was why I didn't speak about it before as she would unwittingly have influenced my view. The guy was actually clearly guilty but there was no evidence.

It's a hard job and depending on the make of the jury you may get some surprises.

Top Bottom