The Retirement Thread

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dirk, 6 Apr 2017.

1. Drago

Drago Guru

It's raining so heavily I donned my waterproof SAR gear to walk the dog.

classic33, 172traindriver, GM and 3 others like this.
  2. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Morning all, wet and windy here this morning .after a breakfast of fruit and Greek yoghurt I shall be out with the dog for a couple of hours and then I am meeting my son in the local burrito shack for lunch. Then maybe a couple of pints whilst waiting for the weather to die down.
    I was going to put a new layer of felt on the shed roof as the summer temperatures seem to of made the felt permeable and the shed has small puddles forming. There are no rips or tares visible. But that will now be a job for tomorrow.

172traindriver, GM, dave r and 2 others like this.
  3. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

On a different note, has anyone else here ever done jury service? I got called some months ago and have to be at the Royal Courts of justice in the Strand on Monday morning. I'm looking forward to it.

4. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

I did it years ago in Birmingham. Quite boring, interspersed with interest when i was called into a case. Aother boring time spent doing nothing after the case, then another short case. I spent more time in a room with a lot of other people doing nothing. Might be ok if you have an interesting case.

classic33, 172traindriver, GM and 2 others like this.
  5. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

very wet and very windy , I fear wigan pier may be submerged :surrender:

6. PaulSB

PaulSB Guru

Good Morning. Very windy here but little rain. The high winds (40+) we had forecast at 10.00 are now not due till 18.00 but lasting till Saturday evening. It's going to pee down as well. :angry:

My garage roof is leaking. That's a big problem as it's slate and I can only get up there in the dry.

7. PaulSB

PaulSB Guru

I did about four years ago. I found it very interesting though there is a lot of hanging about. Take a good book. I was surprised by how many cases, 80% of those I was called for, involved sexual exploitation of young people. All girls.

You will be instructed not to discuss ongoing cases with anyone. One evening my wife asked about a case - it was a two day one. I refused to say and she got quite cross with me. The following day I told her about the case and her immediate reaction was "guilty." Which left me then to explain that was why I didn't speak about it before as she would unwittingly have influenced my view. The guy was actually clearly guilty but there was no evidence.

It's a hard job and depending on the make of the jury you may get some surprises.

classic33, 172traindriver, GM and 2 others like this.
  8. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

Warm wet and windy in Coventry as well, good morning folks, Friday already! The shopping and chores day has come round again.

9. GM

GM Guru

Morning all. Yeah, wet and windy here. Went to the cinema yesterday evening with my brother who stayed over night to see 'A star is born', not bad 7/10.

I'd like to do jury service. In my working days, if I was ever working near the Old Bailey I would go to the visitors gallery in my lunch break, always found it interesting.

10. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Were his eyes too close together? :laugh:

11. welsh dragon

Are you taking the p***? Having eyes that are too close together clearly means a person is guilty. It is a well known fact. :laugh:

172traindriver and Dirk like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

I bet he was a bit 'shifty' as well. :laugh:

172traindriver and welsh dragon like this.
  13. welsh dragon

Of course. Being shifty is the nail in the coffin. :laugh:

classic33, 172traindriver and Paulus like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Judge Jeffery's got nothing on us! :laugh:

15. PaulSB

PaulSB Guru

Yep!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice