The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Decided to go out for a ride

Just before starting I remembered that I had not charged the battery when I got back last time
3 bars left out of 5 - should be OK
except thatit does tend to take ages to use up the first bar and they all accelerate after that a bit.

Anyway - should be OK

It wasn;t!!!

ran out of battery at 10 miles - got home at about 16 with a wiggly route that went into and out of a strong head wind!

got in a told my wife who gave me lots of sympathy - where "lots" meant naff all - as expected
she started telling me about a funny confrontation in Parliament on a debate ( smoking stuff) and I was fine
after a while I realised my breathing was pulling air into my throat and not much further
luckily my wife had her inhaler in her bag as mine must be upstairs

Funny sort of asthma I seem to have - I'm fine when I am exerting myself - then it goes wrong once have been sitting down to 15 minutes!
weird

anyway - ride done

Hoping this heavy rain eases as I'm out to a Parish carncil meeting j. An hour. I want to take the ebike, but if it stays like this it'll be a brolly and walk.

you need one of these - the pink one look pretty

1713293595765.jpeg

Wait until you get hit by a crosswind.

A slight adjustment and it acts like a windsurf sail

maybe

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Hoping this heavy rain eases as I'm out to a Parish carncil meeting j. An hour. I want to take the ebike, but if it stays like this it'll be a brolly and walk.

You're taking an E bike to cover 3/4 of a mile ?? You must be getting travel mileage allowance , Bloody Hell ! once these politicians get a bit of power it goes to their heads , no wonder the country is going to the dogs ( the Irish politicians are just as bad over here ) :bicycle:

Top Bottom