The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Going to get into hiking. Planning a walkie with lemmy for next week, snowdrifts permitting.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've had an excellent Xmas dinner with the yoga ladies.

20171207_144524.jpg

pawl

Legendary Member
A week I to my new retirement and so far I've done no cycling

On the other hand I've been to the cinema loads![/QUOTE

I have been retired 14 years .Havnt been to the cinema in all that time,until the last two months.

Dunkirk and Murder On The Orient Express.Might go a bit more often now I have found I can get pensioner rates.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Back home after a long weekend away up country. Brrrrr! 8 inches of snow in Redditch and I was unable to get into Birmingham to make a visit there. Glad I don't have to worry about getting to work anymore.
Still, had a couple of very pleasant snowy pub walks - almost felt Christmassy.
Missed a 7 car pile up on the M5 by about 30 seconds on the way back!:eek:

D

Deleted member 1258

Todays yoga class was the last one this year, it was followed by coffee and mince pies. I also got most of my Xmas shopping done and spent most of the afternoon writing cards and wrapping presents.

Drago

Legendary Member
Spent much of the day in the warm supping single malt. Staggered outside to walk the dog and I'm really narked at the number of selfish eejuts that have cleared access to their drive ways but left the pile of snow blocking the footpath. Inconsiderate, lazy, ba[next 13 paragraphs of foulest abuse and threats deleted by mods]

D

Deleted member 1258

Spent much of the day in the warm supping single malt. Staggered outside to walk the dog and I'm really narked at the number of selfish eejuts that have cleared access to their drive ways but left the pile of snow blocking the footpath. Inconsiderate, lazy, ba[next 13 paragraphs of foulest abuse and threats deleted by mods]

I noticed something similar at the church hall where we do yoga this morning, someone had cleared a pathway for people to walk across the car park and dumped the snow in the entrance to the car park no one could drive in.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Finally a night in, the weekend started Thursday evening in the Indian restraint then on to the pub, Friday was the usual night in the pub, Saturday was spent in the pub. Sunday we thought we would go and do a bit of Christmas shopping. got a phone call from a mate, him and his missus were in the pub, would we care to join them, how could we refuse.:laugh: Then Monday i got a call from a mate, Said he was dropping his wife of for a Christmas do, just down our road. he did not want to go back home, so it was in the pub again, but i only had two, Now i need a couple of days off, then it all starts again this Thursday,:cheers:

Top Bottom