The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Boo, its Friday. That means the workies will soon be cluttering the place up and ruining the weekend moaning about Monday.

I've just tried going for a run with the dog. After 59 metres of slipping and sliding it became a very tiptoey walking instead.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My mate Mick retired 2 weeks ago. The first week was spent in Northern Ireland visiting relations. So his first Monday on his local patch he had to go to Scotsdales garden centre in Cambridge...... I visit fairly regularly for bits & bobs for WORK (I hope that hurt in big letters) and I moan about the hordes of pensioners wandering aimlessly, smelling of lavender and wee. They decided to have lunch there and his wife had the 'we'll take a photo and send it to Dave to wind him up' idea.

Guess what?

They couldn't get a seat as it was 100% full of old biddys!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We have discussed getting a dog when we retire, TVC knows what he would like but the decision isn't quite so easy for me, I love pretty much every breed.
Get something that's hardy and easily manageable. Don't go for pedigrees with known problems. A good mongrel mutt from the Dogs Trust might be your best bet.

Lullabelle

Banana
Get something that's hardy and easily manageable. Don't go for pedigrees with known problems. A good mongrel mutt from the Dogs Trust might be your best bet.

We both like labradors so they are at the top of the list. Many years ago my folks gt a dog from the RSPCA, after only a couple of days it had horrendous diarhoea so took him to the vets. Turned out he was so ill they had to have him put to sleep, somehow the staff at the centre missed the blood stained mess so I am hesitant to be honest, I know that sounds bad. On the other hand I would like a rescue dog, we will see when we get there, only about another 19/20 years to decide.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
We both like labradors so they are at the top of the list. Many years ago my folks gt a dog from the RSPCA, after only a couple of days it had horrendous diarhoea so took him to the vets. Turned out he was so ill they had to have him put to sleep, somehow the staff at the centre missed the blood stained mess so I am hesitant to be honest, I know that sounds bad. On the other hand I would like a rescue dog, we will see when we get there, only about another 19/20 years to decide.

Son no. 1's first cat from the RSPCA was supposed to be fully-grown and had to have it's tail removed by them, although with no paperwork. It went missing about 3 months after we got it; 5 months later the cat was found and was about twice the size - they'd got us to adopt a Manx kitten :ohmy:

However the second cat we got - 4 1/2 months after the first disappeared :wacko: - has been fine, so the RSPCA was half-honest with us.

Top Bottom