The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm having mushrooms to celebrate.
Magic, our Morris.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I stopped a few years ago, about the time I had my first encounter with angina, my pace was dropping off and I was finding it increasingly difficult to stay with the group, I was also loosing interest in spending my Sunday mornings sat in the pack holding a wheel. About that time a number of people dropped off the club rides and there were several people making their own way out to the cafe on their own, often we would ride back togather. These days I rarely get the chance to ride on a Sunday, but if I do I'll often go to the cafe they're using and have a catch up with friends who are still riding with the club, and my regular Thursday ride to Hatton usually involves a meet up with old club mates

A mate used to ride with them till, he left and went up to Scotland a few years ago. He used to go out with the A run and said they were forever leaving people behind when they had punctures and it used to cause a bit of a stink. I seem to recollect there was a whole thread about it on the forum a few years ago.
He used to do the mid week runs with them sometimes on the Tuesdays and Thursdays he was off. He was into the mid week tt's also

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Or whisky.

He's Irish :okay:

Top Bottom