The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning fellow retirees, looks like I'm the first up on the rank today. First, the weather report. It's wet. That scuppers our plans for today. MrsP and I have been married for 38 years today and we were going for a canal cruise from Camden along the Regents canal to Little Venice and back. It won't be any fun in the gloom and the rain. We will still go for a good lunch somewhere though. All the usual things to do first though, dog walking, and domestics. Life can be tough ^_^ no bike riding today.:ohmy:

Congratulations, well done.

D

Deleted member 1258

Hello world. Grey, raining, a miserable looking sort of day. I am wondering what to do today. Forecast is the same for Friday but significant improvement from Saturday for next ten days. We shall see.

Got a very supportive letter from GP yesterday re my driving licence application. Requested at 9.40 and ready by 1.00 - can't knock that. So that's five minutes of today accounted for as I whizz off the email to the DVLA.

Regardless of weather I think I'll have to get on the allotment or climb the walls in the house.

Good news, things are moving along.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
:okay:
Think I'll stay in bed this morning.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning fellow retirees, looks like I'm the first up on the rank today. First, the weather report. It's wet. That scuppers our plans for today. MrsP and I have been married for 38 years today and we were going for a canal cruise from Camden along the Regents canal to Little Venice and back. It won't be any fun in the gloom and the rain. We will still go for a good lunch somewhere though. All the usual things to do first though, dog walking, and domestics. Life can be tough ^_^ no bike riding today.:ohmy:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x3RPQi8rDAI

13th June 1981
"Snow was visible on the North Pennines above 2300ft with temps in the Highlands only reaching 1-2C. In Penrith, N Pennines, it was raining heavily with afternoon readings of just 4-5C, quite remarkable for daytime temps in early June and especially when temps touched 26C just days prior. Snow was visible over the N Pennines after the clouds broke."

And the Queen was shot at.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Hello world. Grey, raining, a miserable looking sort of day. I am wondering what to do today. Forecast is the same for Friday but significant improvement from Saturday for next ten days. We shall see.

Got a very supportive letter from GP yesterday re my driving licence application. Requested at 9.40 and ready by 1.00 - can't knock that. So that's five minutes of today accounted for as I whizz off the email to the DVLA.

Regardless of weather I think I'll have to get on the allotment or climb the walls in the house.
Will you be free climbing the house?

Top Bottom