The Retirement Thread

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dirk, 6 Apr 2017.

1. Paulus

Paulus Started young, and still going.

Good morning fellow retirees, looks like I'm the first up on the rank today. First, the weather report. It's wet. That scuppers our plans for today. MrsP and I have been married for 38 years today and we were going for a canal cruise from Camden along the Regents canal to Little Venice and back. It won't be any fun in the gloom and the rain. We will still go for a good lunch somewhere though. All the usual things to do first though, dog walking, and domestics. Life can be tough ^_^ no bike riding today.:ohmy:

2. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

We have :rain:

3. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

Hello world. Grey, raining, a miserable looking sort of day. I am wondering what to do today. Forecast is the same for Friday but significant improvement from Saturday for next ten days. We shall see.

Got a very supportive letter from GP yesterday re my driving licence application. Requested at 9.40 and ready by 1.00 - can't knock that. So that's five minutes of today accounted for as I whizz off the email to the DVLA.

Regardless of weather I think I'll have to get on the allotment or climb the walls in the house.

4. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Well @Paulus , congrats and enjoy your day.
    Nice one @PaulB , onwards and upwards.
    Looks like a hot one here. We are getting a bus to the old historic town of Alcudia. I cycled through it yesterday and we will explore it today.
    Breakfast first. Hotels seem to have lots of food choices but very little that attracts you (imo).
    Have a nice retiired sort of day everyone

5. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

Thanks @Dave7 much appreciated.

6. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

:hello: Good morning folks. Anyone seen Noah? I did phone him the other night and he said he was busy. :rain::rain::rain: No chance of a bike ride today :sad:

7. dave r

Congratulations, well done.

8. dave r

Good news, things are moving along.

9. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

Congrats......................well done Mrs Paulus for putting up with you! :laugh:

It is dry, bright and breezy here. Got an early run in as we are due rain later in the day. Sciatica still niggling away, but strangely didn't bother me when running. Bodies are weird things!

10. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

Congratulations @Paulus to you and Mrs P.

Morning everyone. Today just for a change we have :rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:. :hello:

11. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Currently lazing beside the pool, clear blue sky and not a cloud in sight.

12. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Congratulations to you both Paulus, have a great day.

13. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Tell me again, where are you ?

14. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

:okay:
    Think I'll stay in bed this morning.

15. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

Thank you. Yes it is. Got a marvellous letter from the GP supporting my application. With luck the DVLA won't feel the need to wait weeks for my very busy consultant to reply

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice