The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
51 for us next month. As I often say, it seems just like yesterday......and we know what a crap day that was :rolleyes:

:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
51 for us next month. As I often say, it seems just like yesterday......and we know what a crap day that was :rolleyes:
Well '68 was
"The temperature rose above 32C. on the first day of the month, but after a few spots of thundery rain, contaminated by Saharan dust, the 2nd was less hot, and the 3rd was sunny but cool and fresh. The rest of the first week was dry and rather warm with sunny spells. It then became unsettled at times, and on the 10th it was cool and wet with 24mm of rain and a high of only 17C Cool and cloudy northerly winds developed several times during the rest of July."

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=evETS8_WFGE

Last edited:

GM

Legendary Member
Good morning fellow retirees, looks like I'm the first up on the rank today. First, the weather report. It's wet. That scuppers our plans for today. MrsP and I have been married for 38 years today and we were going for a canal cruise from Camden along the Regents canal to Little Venice and back. It won't be any fun in the gloom and the rain. We will still go for a good lunch somewhere though. All the usual things to do first though, dog walking, and domestics. Life can be tough ^_^ no bike riding today.:ohmy:

Congratulations to you both. The canal cruise sounds brill, enjoy!

Cavalol

Guru
Millennium Path today not much better than yesterday. Dog doesn't like going that way anyhow, but it's a popular route with cyclists. Not a complaint though, we're lucky to have it to use.
IMG_20190612_123417.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well '68 was
"The temperature rose above 32C. on the first day of the month, but after a few spots of thundery rain, contaminated by Saharan dust, the 2nd was less hot, and the 3rd was sunny but cool and fresh. The rest of the first week was dry and rather warm with sunny spells. It then became unsettled at times, and on the 10th it was cool and wet with 24mm of rain and a high of only 17C Cool and cloudy northerly winds developed several times during the rest of July."

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=evETS8_WFGE

Nice one, thanks for that. Married the 27th and went to Scarborough for our honeymoon, it was dry but bl**dy freezing a lot of the time.

screenman

Legendary Member
Just popped over to Calis to see the amazing sunset they have there, on the way back across Fethiye bay the sky was slight with a lightning storm, currently sitting outside at our favourite interesting dinner.

Top Bottom