The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Agree with that to some extent**.
Would love to carry this on but fear the MODS will move it (please MODS not yet^_^)
**a point though. Think of a lad that was brought up KNOWING it was the truth.....knowing nothing else. He falls in love with a girl from exactly the same background. They marry and have kids. It perpetuates. You have to have sympathy of some sort for them. Both parents KNOWING its the truth but all the while its a lie:sad:.
I'm going to drop the subject now. Although interesting, it's probably too controversial for this thread. It's a subject that I've studied quite a lot and I can tend to be a bit vocal about it, for various reasons.
Sorry if I got on my soapbox and made anyone cringe.

Drago

Legendary Member
Great Canal journeys on at 1900.....I find that interesting.... although I dont like Tinothy West.
Mrs D will be watching Strictly results while I stick pins in my eyes.
You'd like it even less if you went on a Grand Anal journey with him. All the "canal" signs around here have been altered to read "anal".

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm going to drop the subject now. Although interesting, it's probably too controversial for this thread. It's a subject that I've studied quite a lot and I can tend to be a bit vocal about it, for various reasons.
Sorry if I got on my soapbox and made anyone cringe.
Not at all....its very interesting and IMO you voiced it well.
Like you, its close to my heart.
Would love to say more on this thread, as we are all of a similar age bracket but agree its probably not for this thread.

classic33

Leg End Member
We have a Mormon temple in Chorley which opened in 1998. They had an open weekend when anyone could go for a look round. It was both fascinating and disturbing at the same time.

[The first Mormons to arrive in Britain landed in Preston some time around 1840.[/B]
They flew over!!

Drago

Legendary Member
Night Johnboy.

Top Bottom