The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Who were the girls? Mary Ellen and who else? Can’t remember now. Lol.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Waltons_characters

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Strange sleep which i put down to this returning lurgy. Went to bed early, very tired. Woke up at 12.30 covered in sweat and had to change PJs. Straight back to sleep then 02.30 same again but so bad we had to turn the duvet over and another change of PJs. Straightback to sleep again. Very strange.
Another beautifuld day with a heavy frost.
Off to do some early food shopping for the aunty. Going early in the hope i wont have queue around the car park just to get in.
Hey ho.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. A frost last night which is still on the ground. Another glorious morning here. Cycling at 9.00 and I need to devise a route which passes my LBS - front mech is rubbing and I need a plain jersey.

Glossing is on hold as Mrs P says I should do outside jobs while the weather is good. She says it will snow at the weekend. Not on my forecast but who am I to argue?

After my ride it will be allotment time. I have asparagus crowns on order for April which may or may not arrive. The old bed is dieing out - asparagus does this so I have to establish a new one meaning I'm short of space.

This is not a good year to be short of room so I need to prepare new beds from scratch. A pain but needs must.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Evening all. Been using the internet a bit sparingly the last couple of days, got told off by SWMBO because I was on here for most of the day on Monday. So been spending time in the garden doing a bit of tidying up and finished reading my Elton John autobiography, also read @IaninSheffield 's NZ blog, a great read it was too :okay:. We also spent a couple of days in Auckland at the start of are trip, lovely place reminded me of San Francisco but more hilly.
Thank you kindly👍. Did you journal your visit to NZ?
Auckland definitely hilly, but I thought Wellington had the edge ⛰

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,

Had a delivery of a case of beer yesterday.
Mrs Tenkay took delivery, she'd been notified that the delivery driver would knock door / ring bell, Mrs Tenkay then had to count to three before opening the door to allow time for the delivery driver to have retreated 2 metres.

It's another sunny day 🌞 roads eerily quiet and the sky seems a lot bluer with the reduction in air traffic.
Hope you all have a lovely day 👍🙏

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We have friends who have a daughter in Australia. Our friends have a camper van over there - one of those pickup things with the camper bit demountable on the back. Our friends spend the winter in Oz and summer here. They visit their daughter and travel in the camper.

Got a WhatsApp last night. Currently in Tasmania and have been told to leave. Chaos on the ferries but they have a booking. They are trying to get back to their daughter but say it's 14 days quarantine each time they cross a state line. They have three states to cross. Then the issue is the daughter has three kids, one of our friends is 70+

Glad I'm at home.

Top Bottom