The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Late up today. A good sleep and I feel so much better today.
Gray and dull here but no rain (none left after yesterday).
I may have a walk to the Spar**. Its only a 2 mile round walk but its still exercise of a sort **I will pick up abottle of wine for later and get the aunty's pension.......she will not have it paid directly into the bank so we have to collect it and go into town every few weeks to pay it in. A royal pain in the aris but she is a lovely lady and very generous to us.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's really tough getting back into it after any sort of break. I usually do a run/walk and then gradually increase the running part. 🏃‍♂️
I've to be really careful with my back/sciatic issues but do really miss it. I'm thinking about trying to do a bit over the winter months. If I'm careful and don't overdo it should be fine. Maybe just the local trail three or four times a week just to keep the fitness up when the weather isn't great.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've to be really careful with my back/sciatic issues but do really miss it. I'm thinking about trying to do a bit over the winter months. If I'm careful and don't overdo it should be fine. Maybe just the local trail three or four times a week just to keep the fitness up when the weather isn't great.
Think carefully Mo. If it 'goes' it 'goes' !!! Too late then to think you shouldn't have done it.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Woke up at 8.53 after a windy and rainy night.
Still blowy, grey and drizzly here on Exmoor, but my solar panel is currently pumping 12.8v into the van's battery, my fridge fired up first time and my new sun canopy is still standing. Just having my first cuppa and all is well with the world.:okay:
Nothing planned for today specifically but might go to Watchet.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
That would be heaven...........I don't think I've slept till that time for years now. I used to like caravan holidays as a youngster and loved lying listening to the rain on the roof at night.
I always sleep well in the van. Could be the combination of fresh air, exercise, late nights and beer. ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning I know you're all desperate for news from Lancashire so rather than keep you all in suspense......

Rained overnight so the ground is wet and the sky is grey, no wind though. Low chance of rain today - 5% till the evening.

Meeting a couple of friends at 9.30 for a Ribble Valley Ramble. I think I know where we will end up and suspect it will involve Portuguese tarts. 66 miles planned @Mo1959 as suggested! :smile::rolleyes:

Not sure what else will happen today though I do have to ride this evening as well. A friend now back at work wanting someone to accompany her. I promised to but am regretting it a little now. 32% chance of rain at 6.00pm.🤞

Mrs P let me choose the colour for the bathroom!!! Yes, that's right! It's approximately 40 years since the last time when I chose a rather bright but I thought attractive yellow for the spare room. A friend who stayed one night remarked it was like sleeping inside an egg!!

I'm now going to out on the second emulsion coat. :hello:
You have many friends that choose to sleep in eggs?

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all :hello:

Woke up at 8.53 after a windy and rainy night.
Still blowy, grey and drizzly here on Exmoor, but my solar panel is currently pumping 12.8v into the van's battery, my fridge fired up first time and my new sun canopy is still standing. Just having my first cuppa and all is well with the world.:okay:
Nothing planned for today specifically but might go to Watchet.
Watch what?

Top Bottom