The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Dave7 if you are looking for more bedding the stock ALDI are offering on Thursday should be very good. I'm pretty sure I know the grower, it will come from Lancashire (gotta be good!!). There will be 3-4 plants per pot and at £1.79 it's a good deal. I would get there Thursday or Friday as the stock won't be properly cared for in store and once customers start pulling it about the quality will deteriorate quickly.
Isn't Friday tomorrow, making today...

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone watching Channel 4 at present, 21:00 hrs?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
God knows! I don't know what day it is half the time now. I am getting really fed up and agitated and want everything to go back to normal......if it ever can?
I saw this post earlier and meant to reply. I get this completely. I'm struggling with much of what is happening, losing track of what day it is and forgetting a lot - I'm not joking and it's not getting old. I am fed up some days and find it very, very difficult to get motivated. I know left to my own devices I probably wouldn't be riding half as much as I have been. Making a commitment to meet people has helped, have you tried this, not necessarily for a ride? I'm not someone who sits around doing nothing but there are days when I easily could and it is way out of character. I'm not agitated and feel I've got to grips with how I need to behave to protect myself but I do find it very hard to grasp how much has changed and that much of what we are experiencing today is what the future holds.

That sounds gloomy. On the plus side my best friend turned up out of the blue on Monday. The best present she could have given me and I'm still buzzing from it. So there are STILL good things happening.

classic33

Leg End Member
Forget that - at 2200hrs its "The man with the 10 stone testicles". I kid ye not.
That's the one. Should have checked the time was correct.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Evening all ( that’s a blast from the past) . Glad monkers is back with us, I am new here but as others have said this is a really good online place to spend time. Everything in this thread is well mannered even when people are taking the piss. Lol . It’s a proper grown up place for grown up children lol lol .
Anyway what a rubbish day it’s been again . I was so bored today I even got the turbo trainer out again for another 40 mins. That now means I have used it more in the last 3 days than in the last three years. Does this mean I have turned into some kind of masochist? Is this normal for cyclists ? Or am I on the road to hell and I will have to start reading fifty shades of grey as my only form of enjoyment? 😂😂

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Evening all ( that’s a blast from the past) . Glad monkers is back with us, I am new here but as others have said this is a really good online place to spend time. Everything in this thread is well mannered even when people are taking the piss. Lol . It’s a proper grown up place for grown up children lol lol .
Anyway what a rubbish day it’s been again . I was so bored today I even got the turbo trainer out again for another 40 mins. That now means I have used it more in the last 3 days than in the last three years. Does this mean I have turned into some kind of masochist? Is this normal for cyclists ? Or am I on the road to hell and I will have to start reading fifty shades of grey as my only form of enjoyment? 😂😂
I admire anyone that can use these things. I absolutely detest exercising indoors. I have bought treadmills and exercise bikes that have ended up as clothes hangars so never again! It’s outdoors only for me.

Top Bottom