The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Another famous climb done by my neighbours today I see!
View attachment 535969

Good on them for doing a series of climbs. Very jealous of their fitness and their location. I have only done this type of climb once , did mont ventoux the year I was 50.
I took me 2 and three quarters of an hour to do 18 km at an average gradient of 8%. Think I could have walked the last few km to the summit faster than I cycled it lol . Thought I was going to die lol . It was a wonderful feeling to get to the top though. And coming down again , wow. . My overriding memory was thinking I was really going for on the way down when I hit 50mph, only to be overtaken by some kamikaze french cyclists as if I was standing still 😂😂😂

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I managed to do 37 miles this afternoon and got back just before the rain, with roads up to 14% incline, a killer for my old legs but did not walk. ^_^
Recovery until at least Friday now as forecast rain till then. I had the wind behind me on the way out and was doing 20 mph but of course, facing me on the way back and doing only 11 mph. Still managed an average of 12.6 mph. Satisfied with that.

classic33

Leg End Member
I managed to do 37 miles this afternoon and got back just before the rain, with roads up to 14% incline, a killer for my old legs but did not walk. ^_^
Recovery until at least Friday now as forecast rain till then. I had the wind behind me on the way out and was doing 20 mph but of course, facing me on the way back and doing only 11 mph. Still managed an average of 12.6 mph. Satisfied with that.
Next time you'll leave the car and try it on your bike.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good grief it's cold here, rain and windy. We had a 123 mile ride planned for tommorow but that's been binned. Now meeting at 11.00 for a cafe run.

Got all my chores done. Bike is gleaming like a new pin. It was in a terrible state, should ride like a dream tomorrow.

I am nackered so it's a couple of beers and bed.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yep, that was two weeks ago, not been on CC since.......

:cuppa:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Guess what ^_^
Its still raining :sad:
Going to have another try at golf today. After last weeks disaster, having to come off after 12 holes on a hilly course, I am back to 9 holes on a flat course. TBH I am still not up for it but you have to keep trying dont you.......whats that saying.......nil ilegitimate carbarundum (dont let the b*stards grind you down).
I think the club house is open this week so might try a pint if the place isn't crowded.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all fellow members.
What to do today?
A long dog walk followed by a bimble on the bike and a stop at the local grocers for some fruit and vegetables on the way back.
I seem to have caught a summer cold. My nose is running. It's not the dreaded covid as I don't have any of the other symptoms.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Awoke to find a cup of coffee (sorry Mo) on my bedside table courtesy of Mrs Tenkay. She's up before me for a change.
Today is filled with anticipation as the Veg box is due for delivery, and Wessex Water are due to arrive at 9:00 to fix a leaking supply pipe on our neighbours drive.
A man from Wessex Water arrived yesterday afternoon for a preliminary inspection. He told our neighbour that it could have taken a week before fixing due to a backlog, but as water was running down the path, and she had elderly neighbours, he'd prioritised the job.
After realising that he must be referring to Mrs Tenkay and I, I thought " cheeky barsterward", but then I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚲🚶‍♂️🚶🏊‍♂️🌞

Top Bottom