The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Just out of idle curiosity....do y'all eat bagels? They are popular here with a schmear....A bit of rhyme there. By schmear is meant a large dollop of cream cheese and if it isnt a sweet bagel, sometimes the schmear could have chopped chives. Looking at Dirk's faggot and peas I realize once again we don't eat the same things always. I eat snowpeas but very rarely peas themselves, although I use frozen bags of them to reduce swelling on injuries.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I eat cottage cheese rather than cream cheese, and Scottish seeded oatcakes rather than bagels.

1600301613105.png

Sometimes I use hummus/houmous instead of cottage cheese. In both cases, often with olives.

Occasionally butter and honey on the oatcakes instead, in which case - definitely NO olives!

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Just out of idle curiosity....do y'all eat bagels? They are popular here with a schmear....A bit of rhyme there. By schmear is meant a large dollop of cream cheese and if it isnt a sweet bagel, sometimes the schmear could have chopped chives. Looking at Dirk's faggot and peas I realize once again we don't eat the same things always. I eat snowpeas but very rarely peas themselves, although I use frozen bags of them to reduce swelling on injuries.
You should try Yorkshire Pudding, served and eaten the correct way, before the main meal.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I swam a mile tonight it was hard work for something that was an absolute fiddle in march, still onwards and upwards from here, that is if I can find a local pool open when Woodhall Spa shuts next week.
Chapeau! 👏 Well done.

I have several friends who have recently take up distance open water swimming. I'm truly in awe of what they achieve. 2, 3, 4000 metres seems common. I don't know how you all manage it. 10 lengths of the pool and I'm nackered.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Chapeau! 👏 Well done.

I have several friends who have recently take up distance open water swimming. I'm truly in awe of what they achieve. 2, 3, 4000 metres seems common. I don't know how you all manage it. 10 lengths of the pool and I'm nackered.
Years ago I used to go to the muni' pool every Wednesday (it was free then) and after some weeks found I could do 35 lengths.
I would struggle to do one now :sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Still dark in the wild 'n' wooly north but looks calm outside. Think we are set for a nice day. Slept well last night but only till 5.00 but at least it was undisturbed.

Today? Well I have to visit the LBS for a new tyre and discuss new bike options for the winter.

On Sunday evening 3, possibly 4, of us drive up to the Lakes for three days of riding. One of our group has two statics so we will have two people in each.

Hopefully our route planner is including some noteable climbs. Today I have to prepare and freeze my contribution to an evening meal. This is Chilli Black Bean stew served with an avocado and lime salsa .......hey we're classy in Chorley you know!!!! :laugh::laugh:

It's a good vegan option as one of our number, the possible 4th, is vegan.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good .morning all.
We went to the garden centre yesterday and got a bag of bark and a load of winter Violas........so guess what I am doing today:wacko:. Should have started yesterday but had zero energy**.
**watched a news item yesterday on "long haul Covid" after affects. Young(ish) people that used to run for miles and now, some days, can hardly crawl.
Regardless of those blood tests we are convinced that is what we are suffering from.......the symptoms are a perfect fit for us.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Dave7 yesterday we rode to Cheshire, well sort of!! Ashton >Burtonwood >Widnes >Runcorn >Aston >Daresbury >Warrington >home.

We all agree we would like to get to Cheshire more often but getting through or round the built up areas is a nightmare. Can you suggest any routes? I don't mean to be rude but tackling Widnes, Runcorn and Warrington often puts us off.

Though we prefer road we would use cycle paths and tow paths if needed to get through these areas. All road bikes on 28mm tyres.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 yesterday we rode to Cheshire, well sort of!! Ashton >Burtonwood >Widnes >Runcorn >Aston >Daresbury >Warrington >home.

We all agree we would like to get to Cheshire more often but getting through or round the built up areas is a nightmare. Can you suggest any routes? I don't mean to be rude but tackling Widnes, Runcorn and Warrington often puts us off.

Though we prefer road we would use cycle paths and tow paths if needed to get through these areas. All road bikes on 28mm tyres.
A lot depends on which way/where you are approaching from.
How did you get to Burtonwood ?

Top Bottom