The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all, a nice bright start to the day.
A brisk dog walk soon after breakfast, and then I might watch the Football on BBC 1 at midday. Everton v Fulham . Is on up your way @Mo1959 ? Not that I support either side but I do like to watch a game.

I have bought 2 kg of small onions for picking, so I will set to peeling them this afternoon, they should be ready for Christmas, I hope I'm not too late. Some of my chilli's I grew in the summer will go in with the spices to help them along.;)

Boris is set to announce what measures will be put in place after 2nd of December later on, once he has made them up:laugh:
Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

Last edited:

Exlaser2

Veteran
Shame you can't just pay for the sports on their own without having to have the normal package first then the sports as an add on. Presume that's still the case.

Its still the same, but when I started having sky it was posable to get Eurosport and Eurosport 2 with out paying for the sports package as it used to be part of the news package which was a lot cheaper. Might be worth looking if that’s still the case.
Not much football on it but if cycling, tennis, athletics, winter sports etc are your thing , it’s great 😀

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Its still the same, but when I started having sky it was posable to get Eurosport and Eurosport 2 with out paying for the sports package as it used to be part of the news package which was a lot cheaper. Might be worth looking if that’s still the case.
Not much football on it but if cycling, tennis, athletics, winter sports etc are your thing , it’s great 😀
I have Freeview, which after the cost of the little box which is around £50, should you want to watch a film, or a football match you can buy a one off Sky pass for that day, week or month.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour tout le monde. Beautiful day here so far. Blue sky, sun is out, no wind but only 6 degrees. Molly has been walked and now the croissants are in the oven . Possible ride later on but I think feel the enthusiasm for it so far but it would be a shame not to take advantage of this weather though.
I took the wheel of my Allez to my LBS on Friday to have the hub service and won't get it back till next Wednesday as she only opens 3 days a week so I will need to use the Cube till then.
Have a good day everyone.

classic33

Leg End Member
You started it, just thought I'd chuck a name in.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sunny at the moment but a chilly wind and some heavy showers. I used to cycle in the rain quite happily but don't like getting the trike sogging wet as it is kept in the car so may try a stagger somewhere later on.
I notice in the latest Camping and Caravan Club mag. that there is now no just turning up to a site. You have to be booked and fully paid in advance due to covid. The days of casual touring are getting more difficult and may never return. The assumption is that you book your mobile bungalow for at least a couple of weeks and stay on one site.
I remember the warden at Dunnet Bay which I used as a base to explore Caithness by bike telling me that 90% of those on site never left to explore anywhere but just sat there. Sad.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I notice in the latest Camping and Caravan Club mag. that there is now no just turning up to a site. You have to be booked and fully paid in advance due to covid. The days of casual touring are getting more difficult and may never return. The assumption is that you book your mobile bungalow for at least a couple of weeks and stay on one site.

I would never dream of just turning up on spec. We always book in advance, but have never had to pay in advance apart from a small deposit.

Top Bottom