The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Just got back from a walk now cup-of-soup :cuppa:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Began feeling a bit persecuted after 5 junk phone calls plus one genuine one and a scam email telling me that Royal Mail had failed to deliver a parcel this morning.
Aside from knowing it was a scam our mail never arrives till late afternoon and today probably none arriving on the island anyway. The postman just opens the door and puts anything big inside.
Need to check the phone calls because one was genuine from the surgery telling me I would be getting a letter about an ultrasound scan. Why bother telling me to expect a letter tho'? Must be a bit short of work up there.
Don't know if my emergency overnight accommodation will be available so need to watch the weather forecast carefully in case it has to be a one day trip.

classic33

Leg End Member
Began feeling a bit persecuted after 5 junk phone calls plus one genuine one and a scam email telling me that Royal Mail had failed to deliver a parcel this morning.
Aside from knowing it was a scam our mail never arrives till late afternoon and today probably none arriving on the island anyway. The postman just opens the door and puts anything big inside.
Need to check the phone calls because one was genuine from the surgery telling me I would be getting a letter about an ultrasound scan. Why bother telling me to expect a letter tho'? Must be a bit short of work up there.
Don't know if my emergency overnight accommodation will be available so need to watch the weather forecast carefully in case it has to be a one day trip.
There's a scam doing the rounds.
Usually a text message to say you'll be shortly receiving a phonecall. I'd say where you'll be getting the scan done has simply got your doctors to confirm the letter.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Chicken and Lentil?
🍅

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have just been watching some Sport Climbing videos. It is a new Olympic sport and looks very impressive and exciting. Totally amazing what the climbers can do...

I'm too old, heavy, weak, achey-jointed and inflexible to do that sport PLUS I have no head for heights, otherwise I would be off post-Covid to the climbing wall I discovered in Todmorden a few years back!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There's a scam doing the rounds.
Usually a text message to say you'll be shortly receiving a phonecall. I'd say where you'll be getting the scan done has simply got your doctors to confirm the letter.
The phone call from my local surgery was certainly genuine as I recognise the voice. Radiology in Oban usually phone to make a verbal appointment probably because of where I live and then follow up with a letter. Been there done that.

12boy

Guru
It's very sunny and very windy at 8am, 4C. By 11 am it is supposed to have only 20 mph winds and snow. We will see.
I need to drop off a bunch of tax papers with my CPA and get the weekly paper for my wife. I managed to exchange walking a bit for bike riding in the last few days as the wind has been an issue. Perhaps I will walk downtown for those tasks, although not riding for a while is making me sullen. Interestingly, to me at least, there was a delegationof Mongolians to Wyoming a few years ago who said the weather and scenery made them feel right at home. We are approaching the end of the really windy time, but there should be snow storms for a couple of months yet.
On one of my walks a few days ago I took a pic of some antelope just across the street with a lttle snow. Then I went for a stroll and hour or two later and found a little herd by the street on my walk. In an hour and and a half most of the snow was gone. You can see how their coloration blends in really well with the grass and snow. In the second shot cars were whizzing by and these guys were very close. Fortunately, my presence did not cause them to dart out in front of those cars.
Be well and safe.
Tenkaykev, do you now have 4 Bromptons? If so what did you get?

T

Top Bottom