The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Interesting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56174654

I wonder if it will feature a politician who ordered her aides to smash her mobile phone with a hammer to prevent the FBI examining it?

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
Went for my walk and just as promised the wind did die down and snow commenced. Been trying to keep to the 3 minute mile thing. My 6.88 mile walk took 2hrs 28 minutes, but I didn't turn off the timer for 4 minutes when I stopped by the CPA and thanks to that erudite wallah, Classic 33 and his provision of Naismith's rule, I think the 439 feet of climbing equals 13 minutes off so that gets me to 3 minutes. Thanks, Classic 33.

classic33

Leg End Member
Went for my walk and just as promised the wind did die down and snow commenced. Been trying to keep to the 3 minute mile thing. My 6.88 mile walk took 2hrs 28 minutes, but I didn't turn off the timer for 4 minutes when I stopped by the CPA and thanks to that erudite wallah, Classic 33 and his provision of Naismith's rule, I think the 439 feet of climbing equals 13 minutes off so that gets me to 3 minutes. Thanks, Classic 33.
No problem Mr Bannister.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Has anyone heard from Screenman of late?
I hope that he is ok but his continuing absence is starting to look worrying...

I very rarely venture into the more aggressive parts of the forum. He hadn't been 'over there' and got involved in anything potentially upsetting, had he? With luck, he is just taking a break and will return eventually.

Not wishing to be morbid, but it has struck me that as the years pass it is inevitable that we older members are going to start getting our calls from the Grim Reaper, and I don't mean Classic! In many cases, other forum members will hear what happened and will let the wider forum know. We did hear about poor Vernon shortly after he died, but I can't remember hearing of any others and there surely must have been quite a few over the past 13 or 14 years?!

When I was 3/4 dead lying on my bathroom floor it occurred to me you might never hear what happened to me if I didn't make it. When I recovered I told my sister that if anything suddenly happens to me in the future she should make a farewell post on my behalf.

Some of you may remember The Great Gatsby on Bike Radar? He was killed during a night ride and his sister came on that forum to let us know why he had suddenly stopped posting.

classic33

Leg End Member
I hope that he is ok but his continuing absence is starting to look worrying...

I very rarely venture into the more aggressive parts of the forum. He hadn't been 'over there' and got involved in anything potentially upsetting, had he? With luck, he is just taking a break and will return eventually.

Not wishing to be morbid, but it has struck me that as the years pass it is inevitable that we older members are going to start getting our calls from the Grim Reaper, and I don't mean Classic! In many cases, other forum members will hear what happened and will let the wider forum know. We did hear about poor Vernon shortly after he died, but I can't remember hearing of any others and there surely must have been quite a few over the past 13 or 14 years?!

When I was 3/4 dead lying on my bathroom floor it occurred to me you might never hear what happened to me if I didn't make it. When I recovered I told my sister that if anything suddenly happens to me in the future she should make a farewell post on my behalf.

Some of you may remember The Great Gatsby on Bike Radar? He was killed during a night ride and his sister came on that forum to let us know why he had suddenly stopped posting.
Rob Brock, Derbyshire.
Uncle Phil, York.

Two that stand out.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I’m trying to teach Molly to type so she can let you know but her paws keep hitting the wrong keys! :laugh:

Still very windy here. There’s to be some rain, but nothing like yesterday so I’ll get out for a walk. Blue bin day today.

Top Bottom