The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning all. It's wet, windy and possibly cold - I haven't stuck my head out of the door yet. Forecast is for 23mph winds but watching the trees suggests it's more like 30.

A very good sleep last night. Another day with nothing planned. Tuesday is housework day and I'll try to motivate myself to do this. I have a phone call booked with my FA at 10.00. Don't know where this is going to go. Client service has fallen off a cliff the last 8/9 months. I really like this person, she's kind and helpful but there's point when a customer thinks WTF is going on? She knows I've reached this point. It's daft stuff like documents supposedly posted April 19th haven't arrived.

Cycling is a lifeline. I know people who've gained 2.5/3 stone in the last year. I reckon I would have joined them without cycling and walking.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hello all ^_^.
My Bro and SiL are visiting for lunch and I am chef in charge.......so I am going out shortly.
The menu is fixed and is chicken pie, steamed baby potatoes and broccoli.
To follow there will be cheese and crackers**
**I have St Agur and need one other.......any suggestions ??
A nice strong Cheddar, with red onion chutney and or pickles.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all from a windy Barnet.
We were going to the rooftop restaurant at the Dorchester as a treat from our son. But they telephoned yesterday to cancel the booking because of the strong wind.
So we are heading to a local pub instead, hopefully with a bit of shelter from the winds.:hungry:
No bike riding today. :sad:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Bloody hell. Can someone tell the weather we are supposed to be two thirds of the way through spring and just 4 weeks till summer!

20mph plus northerly wind up the hill and fresh snow on the adjoining hills :cold: I had to keep my hood up all the time as I was getting earache it was so cold.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Hello all ^_^.
My Bro and SiL are visiting for lunch and I am chef in charge.......so I am going out shortly.
The menu is fixed and is chicken pie, steamed baby potatoes and broccoli.
To follow there will be cheese and crackers**
**I have St Agur and need one other.......any suggestions ??
A nice strong Cheddar, with red onion chutney and or pickles.
Not crackers , Oat cakes Nairn’s or Walkers and some grapes .

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Not crackers , Oat cakes Nairn’s or Walkers and some grapes .
Oh definitely Nairn's..........................and Stinking Bishop, a great cheese

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Bloody hell. Can someone tell the weather we are supposed to be two thirds of the way through spring and just 4 weeks till summer!

20mph plus northerly wind up the hill and fresh snow on the adjoining hills :cold: I had to keep my hood up all the time as I was getting earache it was so cold.

View attachment 587142

Great photo your so lucky to live in a lovely part of the country........freezing your cotton socks off :cold:

Good morning all.
Its blowing a gale down here on the Kent coast. We were due to lead a gentle stroll and chat walk today for the active retired, but it won't be pleasant in this, plus sitting outside over a coffee won't be nice either, so today's stroll is abandoned. Better luck next week.
I have still got to venture out to post an important letter, so I may also get some essential supplies in. Guinness, and that sort of thing.....
Oh, and today is garden bin collection day. Let's hope that the refuse collection operatives are feeling sufficiently intrepid today!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it

View attachment 587142
I think you have your dates wrong. Real summer doesn't start till June 21st so still time for the weather to readjust. :okay:

Top Bottom