The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I became a grandad at 10:47 this morning! Baby girl and mum are well... son is very happy!
Counting down to our first visit.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_xJcE9tnY6E

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KJGJRd8pGE

GM

Legendary Member
Didn't bother going over the heath this morning, but went to our local park where they were setting up for a Dinosaur exhibition. Some of them were really lifelike....

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just got back from walking Molly on the promenade in Rhos on Sea and it was very pleasant. The sea was dead calm, and the sun beginning to set so I sat down on a bench for a few minutes to enjoy the calm and tranquility and reflected on how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful area.
I really feel sorry for people living in cities and busy places, not for me.

Just got back from walking Molly on the promenade in Rhos on Sea and it was very pleasant. The sea was dead calm, and the sun beginning to set so I sat down on a bench for a few minutes to enjoy the calm and tranquility and reflected on how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful area.
I really feel sorry for people living in cities and busy places, not for me.
Used to live near there - Llandudno Junction - nice short bike ride to Rhos
moved due to love and work

Still miss it but then.....

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just reading some of the internet news and the combination of Brexit/Covid/shortage of lorry drivers is getting a bit worrying. The supermarket shelves are decidedly bare in bits most days now and they are saying it could get worse.
This is definitely true in our local Tesco. Lots of products in very low numbers in a store where every shelf is usually bulging.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I expected you to be in hospital with severe palpitations after you got the bill for the meal last night :rolleyes:
The meal was extremely good, a place I'm happy to recommend. Price depends on individual opinion, we felt it was very good value. Five courses plus two amuse-bouche. Each course was very simple, perhaps 5-6 ingredients and one could taste each individual element - the sign of very, very good cooking.

It was £50/head which I feel very good value but understand not everyone would have this view. I wouldn't have bulked at £75.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. I should be asleep. Big ride yesterday in high temperatures and not much shade on the climbs. Hit the golden ratio. Still had more to give so happy with the effort. Legs and body feel good but eyes and mind tired. It's very hot already.

Today will have to be housework and allotment. Car service at 8.30 as well.

The names listed in the title are all real Lancashire climbs, except Whalley. A proper ride as a friend put it last night. 12.6mph average and three minutes short of six hours ride time. Puts me on course for sub nine hours on the Fred in September. 👍

Top Bottom