The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Dreams of toasts represent the simplicity, the modesty, the lack of importance of a conflict or to notice that you not believe in something fundamental. The toasts symbolize relationships, situations or matters that stimulate or they please the life. Dreaming of toasts hot with butter is expressed the arrival of very personal moments near to the family.

The fact that you dreamed of cold toast, and the price, means that you find yourself questioning the way you live at present, compared to the way you might be living it in the future. Would it really be worth the changes that you may be required to make. The cold toast is a cold offer, the price is one you have decided isn't for you. Have you any changes coming up, or looming large in your future. And will you make the right, for you, decision.

You're certain that choices made recently were correct, but there's a nagging doubt that you chose the right option.
Alternatively, he's off his rocker. :laugh:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
TBH Sterlo.....my last 2 years have been (to quote Chorley Paul) "shite" and i can't recall what happened with your arm.......please remind me.
See my profile pic, fell off, totally shattered elbow, I've got as much metal in my arm as I think I have on my carbon bike. I know your circumstances and mine pails into insignificance compared to yours.

classic33

Leg End Member
@dave r
When on any page, at the top left corner there are 3 horizontal lines, click on those, the menu, and this should appear. Look at the bottom of the list for the app.
View attachment 626398
Not here!
Screenshot_2022-01-14-14-19-27.png

D

Deleted member 1258

It's leaving a shortcut on your desktop, nothing more.

If thats all it is its not worth installing on the Desktop, it might be on the Phone and Tablet, but on all three devices I have CC as my browsers home page, so similar thing, the way people were talking it sounded like there was an actual CC App, .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cycling wise I'm unhappy. My beloved Wahoo has thrown a hissy fit and reverted to set up mode. Scanning the bar code doesn't work this time. Google will be my friend? I hope.

Worse than this was yesterday's ride. 65 miles with good friends, lots of fun but it left me very, very tired. My first proper ride for a month; the legs are fine but my body was so very tired later. As one pal put it in the cafe "you've had a shite time recently." He's right, I have and the cycling aspect is a real bummer. There's work to do and I'm not sure where my mojo is. Part of me feels like knocking it on the head.
The winter blues? I think/hope that you will start to get your mojo back over the next few weeks as spring approaches.

My mojo is so far away that I can't even remember it going! :laugh:

I dream of a 65 mile winter ride! I did a mere 6 km ride on 3rd Jan which left my poorly lungs seared by the cold air so I stayed off the bike until today. I did an even shorter (4 km) ride today and...

... my lungs still didn't like the chilly air! On top of which most of my fitness has gone and I have put on a couple of kgs over Christmas/NY.

Still, this is typical for me. I become even more of a recluse than usual from the start of December to the start of March. I start to get back into cycling around then.

I'll just try to do what I can and build back my fitness back up over the next month or two. Hopefully, by then a relaxed pensioner, I will be fit and cheerful enough to get a good spring, summer and autumn in.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
The winter blues? I think/hope that you will start to get your mojo back over the next few weeks as spring approaches.

I dream of a 65 mile winter ride! I did a mere 6 km ride on 3rd Jan which left my poorly lungs seared by the cold air so I stayed off the bike until today. I did an even shorter (4 km) ride today and...

... my lungs still didn't like the chilly air! On top of which most of my fitness has gone and I have put on a couple of kgs over Christmas/NY.

Still, this is typical for me. I become even more of a recluse than usual from the start of December to the start of March. I start to get back into cycling around then.

I'll just try to do what I can and build back my fitness back up over the next month or two. Hopefully, by then a relaxed pensioner, I will be fit and cheerful enough to get a good spring, summer and autumn in.
If you ever find a mojo on a BOGOF offer, get me one as well.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I finally found mine but wished I hadn't! :sad: 19.5 miles only just scraping 12mph and felt such a hard slog I'm not sure I will be in a rush to get back out. Suppose I have to start somewhere.

Running a bath and going to have a nice steep and will probably just stick the pjs on as I ain't going back out. Tomorrow will be a couple of relaxed walks and nothing too strenuous.

D

Deleted member 1258

I finally found mine but wished I hadn't! :sad: 19.5 miles only just scraping 12mph and felt such a hard slog I'm not sure I will be in a rush to get back out. Suppose I have to start somewhere.

Running a bath and going to have a nice steep and will probably just stick the pjs on as I ain't going back out. Tomorrow will be a couple of relaxed walks and nothing too strenuous.

Well done! you've made a start you just need to keep it up.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

19.5 WoW well done, I did 5.3 miles to the shop and back:laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

Been off my bike for ages now due to iffy shoulder. Been better of late but I am struggling to even begin the uphill battle to generate enough enthusiasm to get back on the lovely beast.

I do like the fitness benefits of cycling but imo it is one boring way of actually getting fit.

Whats boring about cycling? unless you're on the turbo. Crossing the city to get out onto the lanes and I need my wits about me, got to watch those drivers looking out for the idiots, out in the lanes in the summer with bird song in my ears and warm sun on my back, can't beat it, even in winter wrapped up against the cold, keeping an eye on the road surface for nasty surprises its still lovely. I'm getting out about once a week for 20-30 miles and going crazy as thats all I've got time to do, I'm missing the twice a week 50-60 milers I used to do.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Whats boring about cycling? unless you're on the turbo. Crossing the city to get out onto the lanes and I need my wits about me, got to watch those drivers looking out for the idiots, out in the lanes in the summer with bird song in my ears and warm sun on my back, can't beat it, even in winter wrapped up against the cold, keeping an eye on the road surface for nasty surprises its still lovely. I'm getting out about once a week for 20-30 miles and going crazy as thats all I've got time to do, I'm missing the twice a week 50-60 milers I used to do.
I just find that ultimately it is boringly repetitive. It's just another fitness thing for me. The beauty of us all being different!

Tenkaykev

Guru
After my session on the Turbo I ambled out for a walk. As I passed one of the many Barbers shops along the Parade I glanced in the window and saw the two ladies having a natter and no customers in the shop. I popped in on impulse and had an impromptu haircut. It's an odd little barber shop, about a quarter of the width of a typical shop. The barbers are self employed and just hire a chair for the day. I've got to know a few of them, some have young children or other commitments and can fit the barbering in to suit. I always tip well and am still quids in compared to what Mrs Tenkaykev pays for her hair care :ohmy:

Top Bottom