The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
May I say, none of that appeals to me. Never "got" fish pie..... its too erhh fishy.
Last time I had semolina I was 9 years old in junior school.

Not sure you can get fishless fish pie, isn't that just potatoes?

I celebrated :hyper:with fish pie, carrots and spinich followed by my favorite pudding semolina, nutmeg and cream.

YUK!
I was put off the whole idea of semolina by a "bad experience" at school when I was forced to eat the semolina pudding that I had not wanted in the first place - but was forced to take - by a very strict teacher.
Horrible slimy stuff it was and couldn;t be improved however much jam I put in it

I was eventually allowed out when Lunch time was over and the lessons were due to start.

Although I will admit that it is probably better than anything involving cheese.
Just!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
1713542276182.jpeg

Had to go to Argos this afternoon to pick up a new Toaster

Anyway - my wife bought it and sent me the email with the code number on to pick it up

so far so good

I got the email up on my phone in the house to be sure it was available when I got there - in case of signal problems etc

Soooooo
I got there - got my phone out as I was walking to the desk and there was the email

A bloke - probably 40 odd with a beard - nice bloke - came over and asked for the numbers for the "click and collect" - I went to show it to him and the email went blank in front of my eyes
OK - get it back up

Nope - gmail just refused to do anything
normally I can go back and re-open that email - nope
tried swiping it up to stop it and all that - no effect

The bloke was standing there watching me sympathetically
and said - if you put the phone on the desk I'll close the email for you and help to get it back

grrrrr - I'm sort of getting the hang of the computer things now - you know - after working with the damn things since 1981 and before at times!!!!
and programming major systems and all that

but he was trying to help "This old bloke who is having trouble with modern tech"

I ended up just restarting the whole phone while he went and did something else then came back looking sympathetic!!!

He was just being nice and trying to be helpful - but by the Gods it is annoying when that happens!!!!

Drippy tap fixed
it does this - starts dripping and the drip gets more frequent until it gets unreasonably annoying
I switch off the water to the cold tap and dismantle the tap itself to remove the casette thingy
scrub it and the hole it came out of and put it all back together

DOne it before so doesn;t take to long once I have taken all the carp out of the cupboard below, wrestled the shelf out from around all the pipes and drains - and then fiddled around underneath to turn the water off from the cold tap

so now the drip is about once a minute or so

no point in replacing anything because the whole kitchen is getting "updated" ina few months and that included a better tap

wife is muttering about taking the u-bend off and cleaning it all while I am at it

she has also bought a new toaster (it's been several weeks since we last bought one but she doesn;t like that one!!!) so I might go and get that first
othersie known as putting on the grotty horrible job by doing something else!

Replacing an old fashioned tap washer is a lot easier.

!

Top Bottom