The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
60 Minutes of treadmill workout done, 1.25 mile dog walk done, morning chat to the builders done, coffee and Tunnock's wafer being consumed.

I'm feckin nailing this retirement malarky.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Hour in the workshop with a blow torch and a 6 ton press and......voila! New main bearings. :smile:

IMG_20240425_103623120_HDR.jpg

Just got this lot to sort out now.....

IMG_20240425_105131934_HDR.jpg

Happy days!

classic33

Leg End Member
I expect all my teachers have gone to the naughty corner of hell, my last interaction was in 1973. I hated everyone one of them from my last school, except one. I never stayed in touch with any of the kids either.
I recently found on old school group photo that I didn’t know existed, I have no recollection of being there. In fact I’m surprised I turned up for the day.

Guess which one is me. 😀
View attachment 728699
Far left, second row.
Or, front row third from the left(Second Choice).

Small class though. 37 in my class at school

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Far left, second row.
Or, front row third from the left(Second Choice).

Small class though. 37 in my class at school

Close, but not.

Alarm sorted, going in tomorrow. So glad I went with the pros, and not some cheapo job like Vellysure.

Once that's in I'll be cool to bring my shotgun home fro. The shop, whichll save me 30 quid a month storage.

Agree about veri sure - I really hate their ads - clearly aimed specifically at a certain demographic and attempt to prey on the weak and worried and concerned by enhancing their worry and concern to gain sales

and I strongly suspect their "business model" is based on price gouging on the subscription over the years

probably

Drago

Legendary Member
Been watching Verisure as they went about my neighbours house.

Cocky looking young sales lad.

Sensors are stuck on with silicone adhesive or sticky pads. Not the sort of workmanship you'd expect for top money.

They don't use engineers - their sales lads do the installation!

No external alarm box.

Their wireless sensors aren't frequency agile so are relatively easy to block with over the counter gear.

And they recently lost their NSI accreditation, so the dibble wouldn't accept them as a suitable system anyway.

After doing my homework I went with ADT.

The guy was about my age, turned up bang on time, and was wearing a suit and tie. Accy Approval Gold Rating.

The kit is more sophisticated. Wireless sensors are frequency agile and very difficult to block or spoof. The main control unit has 4 days worth of battery backup, and a backup 5G connection in case the Internet is tampered with.

Fitted by trained engineers. Everything properly screwed down, no sticky pads, and the sensors are much more robust in appearance.

They do specific sensors for the garage, designed to handle damp, extremes of temperature etc. Versisure don't.

External alarm box and wailers. Verisure don't.

And they are NSI gold standard accredited, the highest available. The guy at firearms licencing made lots of approving noises on the phone when I mentioned that.

The monthly fee includes annual inspection and servicing, replacement of all batteries, unlimited engineer callouts in the event of faults or problems. None of that with Verisure.

And they're less expensive than Verisure for my requirements.

I got the impression watching them at the neighbours and then looking at their system afterwards that Verisuire just want you to sign on for the monthly subs and do as little as possible to the least costly standard in order to then provide a system. For what you get you'd be just was well off going to Ri g, buying the bits and installing it yourself as using Vellysure.

Top Bottom