The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's misty outside at the moment with rain forecast for later on this afternoon.
Now that the Doctor has his teeth into me, I have an appointment with the vampires at Barnet hospital this morning for more blood letting. Checking up on the liver and kidney function, cholesterol and whatever else they want to check. Everything was tickerty boo last time, but they are keeping an eye on me.
It gives me a chance to get out on the bike again for a few miles.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. A bit overcast but mild here. I was up early as usual and managed a 4 mile shuffle……I would hesitate to call it a run these days! Enjoyed it though.

Today’s excitement is the grey recycling bin is out. :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Do you have a simple recipe you can share.
All the recipes I see are complicated and list lots of herbs/spices I don't have.

Simple recipe.

Brown the lamb. Put it onto your casserole dish.

Chop carrots, potatoes and onions up.

Brown them in the same frying pan you did the lamb in.

Put them into the casserole pot with the lamb. I use knorr lamb stock cubes. Put 2 or 3 into a measuring jug, put enough water into it, less is more. You can always add more water once you have poured it over the rest of the Ingredients in the casserole pot to just barely cover everything.

If you use a crock pot, turn it to high and leave for 4 or 5 hours.

Or you can put it in your oven for the same amount of time at 160 or so depending on your oven.

The amount of time doesn't matter. The longer the merrier.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Oh, forgot to say that when I was trotting alongside the river this morning, there was a beaver up on the banking only about 3 yards away from me. It scuttled down the bank and popped into the river. Also heard my first Cuckoo yesterday.
Oh wow . I thought beavers could only be kept in enclosures at the moment. I hadn’t realised that they gone on to the the next stage of reintroduction in Scotland.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Do you have a simple recipe you can share.
All the recipes I see are complicated and list lots of herbs/spices I don't have.

And you don't have to use knorr stock cubes. Scwarhtz wrong spelling do all sorts of mixes for casseroles from lamb to chicken to beef so you can use them. Just mix the dry ingredients with the amount of water they sate on the packet and add it to the rest of the Ingredients.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Simple recipe.

Brown the lamb. Put it onto your casserole dish.

Chop carrots, potatoes and onions up.

Brown them in the same frying pan you did the lamb in.

Put them into the casserole pot with the lamb. I use knorr lamb stock cubes. Put 2 or 3 into a measuring jug, put enough water into it, less is more. You can always add more water once you have poured it over the rest of the Ingredients in the casserole pot to just barely cover everything.

If you use a crock pot, turn it to high and leave for 4 or 5 hours.

Or you can put it in your oven for the same amount of time at 160 or so depending on your oven.

The amount of time doesn't matter. The longer the merrier.

That sounds good.....Will try that.
Thanks.

Dave7

Legendary Member
And you don't have to use knorr stock cubes. Scwarhtz wrong spelling do all sorts of mixes for casseroles from lamb to chicken to beef so you can use them. Just mix the dry ingredients with the amount of water they sate on the packet and add it to the rest of the Ingredients.

Stupid novice question but why do you need to brown the carrots and potatoes?

Soooo

First of the Month

which means it is time to descale the kettle and change the water filter from the filter jug

Thanks for the United Utilities - we used to have no problem with water - and now we have hard water

and also time to vacuum out the upstairs air filters - the downstaits one tells us when it is time but the upstairs ones are smaller and I just do them once a month

so - Today's the day!!

probably

also - phone appointment with the doctor this afternoon to talk about blood test results and why my iron levels have been rock bottom for over a year and possibly longer!

Top Bottom