The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Another visit to my friend to help out with a bit of DIY, saw three of the tortoises in their mini greenhouse. The smaller ones are " normal " size, the larger one is about 18" long .

View attachment 729391

They look incredibly well looked after.
One of my wife’s friends has got a tortoise nearly as big as the large one . She was given it as a pet when she was about 5 . She is now 62.

Tenkaykev

Guru
They look incredibly well looked after.
One of my wife’s friends has got a tortoise nearly as big as the large one . She was given it as a pet when she was about 5 . She is now 62.

I think there are about a dozen all told. Some were donated when the original owners passed away, the tortoises having outlived them. The males and females are segregated with physical barriers, and tortoises can move quite quickly, a lot faster than you would think. Last year there was a new male donated, fascinating to watch the establishment of the dominant male, the crack crack crack as they " headbutted " each other, only withdrawing their heads back into the shells at the last moment. They are also very agile, being able to climb steps and thresholds.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Sausage sandwich was had for dinner, I did not fancy cooking at past 9 o'clock at night, it has been a long day and I will be climbing the wooden stairs to bed soon, bungalow next year maybe.

Bungalows are brilliant. Our first and would not go back to a house. It's just lovely to have evrything on one deck.

In a way we have the best of both worlds as the plot runs steeply from left rear across to front right. So, although the living space is on one floor, the front of the bunglehouse (Mrs SD's name for it) is high in the air. And on one side we have underneath the living area a large garage, utility area, storage space, carport and a gym room. Works really well for us.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks, a bit of knee niggle woke me up so I decamped to the back bedroom to avoid disturbing Mrs Tkk. A walk to Wimborne this morning, or paint a door frame? Walk it is. Hopefully the weather will improve, I had to dig out my woolly hat yesterday 😮
Stay safe folks ☀️☕️👍

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have risen!

AC being fitted at the new Drago Towers today.

Alternating current - how terribly modern, will you be the first ;)

Good morning all, misty sun here, a substantial improvement on last two days. Still not warm though, a high of 10-12° forecast.
St Giles this morning, will pick up my ‘go to’ winter bike from repair shop on way home. I rarely attempt repairs myself, not with a very reliable repair shop walking distance away. Now that the roads are salt free it was time for a new chain etc.

Top Bottom