The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Coooeeee. 10 deg and a misty start here but it's going to be another nice day I think.

Pottering is planned. I should pick up Mr Wd tablets from the quacks but it's market day in Mach so I won't bother.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

I'm shocked Welshie😮 that the long suffering Mr Wd is having to wait for his meds, it's a good job that us men are such stoics when it comes to pain and ailments!

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, just woken up here, the blinds are still down so I have no idea what the weather's like. Clothes shopping for me today, I have lost two and a half stone over the last few months, so everything I own apart from shoes, socks and ties is too big for me. Enjoy your day.

Drago

Legendary Member
Does he not mind you riding on his back?

He gets a string of sausages to eat at the end, so he puts up with it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have lost two and a half stone over the last few months,

What’s your secret? I seem to lose a couple of pounds then keep putting it back on again. I really need to lose a stone minimum to feel good.

I just had a wander round the park since I will be going back out in a couple of hours, then nipped along to Aldi for a couple of things while it was quiet.

Porridge and blueberries time now.

Surprised to read just now that there are 47 mechanical signalling boxes still in use on the Scottish rail network, the sort with the big mechanical levers that you normally see TV presenters trying out on heritage lines. And not just in the north of Scotland, the biggest is in Stirling. And they are not planning on replacing them any time soon, plans just published aim to reduce the number to 10-12 over the next 20 years.

Top Bottom