The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I think I was born for it.

I’m in to my second week now, still working about 15 hours a week on our own business but it doesn’t feel like proper work, the weather today has been glorious and I really started to relax and enjoy the slower pace.

speaking to an ex colleague yesterday convinced me that I’ve done the right thing!

screenman

Legendary Member
Goodnight Timothy Taylor.

As I was turning into my driveway at 8pm a neighbour was walking past, I said hello and he said do you fancy a pint, well not wanting to be rude I plucked up the courage and said yes, but just one, here I am five pints later typing this. I really enjoyed the evening and will likely do it again.

classic33

Leg End Member
A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus crashed yesterday losing its entire load. Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, taken aback, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless, and perplexed.
And shaken by it all.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning Mr Drago and all others.
Last night I had a truly sh*t sleep. My legs were on fire and my feet were numb. Got up at 04.00 and could hardly walk, I was truly worried. All my bits are starting to work again now which is a nice feeling.

Tenkaykev

Guru
It's the second Friday of the month which means meeting up with friends for our peripatetic p*ss up ( not really, we're all of an age where that rarely happens). This month we're staying local with a trip to an area of Poole called Ashley Cross, which now calls itself " Ashley Cross Village " as they installed a Pétanque pitch in the postcard size local park. It's an oasis of really good pubs. A good friend will be there, our Birthdays are five days apart and I have baked a cake for him 🎂

Top Bottom