The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs Tkk just back from a four mile run. So far she has had the good grace not to mention that I finished in 4th from last position in Sundays race. In my defence it was a Dorset league event and there were a lot of very good club runners in the event. 😁

Raining today
We have the youngest grand kid all day as he stayed overnight - slept right through which is good for a strange bed and room!

ANyway - panic this morning as we used all the milk for the little one's porridge and my cereal so we had to rush out for some more

It was chucking it down when we got to ASDA - so I got the umbrella out
Little one decided there were 2 options - run around like crazy or "help" with the umbrella
Turns out that we need an umbrella with a much longer handle so I can walk upright and a 3 year old can "help" with it!!!!

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

I've just remembered something that I was going to post a week or so ago. I usually visit Wimborne a couple of times a week. When I walk there the first shop I come to is a large Waitrose built on the site of Wimborne Cricket Club ( now relocated to new grounds with new clubhouse courtesy of Waitrose ) from there I walk over a small footbridge over the river and past a few more shops. There was a mid sized " M+ Co " which closed down a while ago, and there was much anticipation when we learned that M+S food hall were going to open there. Time passed, the shopfitters moved in and eventually the M+S food hall opened. I was wandering past one day and glanced in the window and noticed that it wasn't very busy. A closer looked revealed that there weren't any staffed tills, every single one was self service.
I never saw it busy, and after about 6-8 weeks a notice went up to say they were closing. I suspect that the self service only model they were trying didn't work. There's an M+S food hall up the road from us, it has 8 self service tills and three traditional checkouts and is a very busy store there are always people using the staffed tills and it's good to have a bit of interaction and a natter as your shopping is being scanned.

Top Bottom