The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The sun is out now and it's warm.

Pizza today :hungry:

screenman

Legendary Member
It seems that slingin a non tubeless ready wheel across the garage will not turn it into a tubeless ready one that seals nicely. It seals fine around the rim, but 3 valves and lot of bodges later it will not seal around the valve. I have never been one to get angry over something like this, I have also never thrown anything across the garage, oh well time for a coffee.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A mostly dry 2 hours on the bike this morning, caught one heavy shower but not too bad. Returning home the roads were awash, apparently I’d just missed something much heavier and with added hail.
Feeling a bit bereft this afternoon without the Giro to watch.

Not long until the TdF though.

And the double is on...

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have been weeding in the garden, I have painted the big shed and started sanding down the small shed. Had enough about 3:00pm and came in for a snack when Mrs Tkk reminded me that we're going to see Jasper Carrot at the Tivoli in Wimborne this evening. Hope I don't drop off during the show 🤞

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
@Dirk my Bro and SiL are going on holiday to a place near Taunton. Its a small place called Halse.The Farmers
so.........
do you know it ?
if so can you recommend places to visit?
Can you recommend good pubs for meals .

Not too familiar with Halse but it's not far away from Bishops Lydeard that's got a couple of decent pubs and a brewery.
The Farmers Arms at Combe Fleury has a good reputation.
Most of the pubs around here are quite decent, to be honest.

pawl

Legendary Member
I have been weeding in the garden, I have painted the big shed and started sanding down the small shed. Had enough about 3:00pm and came in for a snack when Mrs Tkk reminded me that we're going to see Jasper Carrot at the Tivoli in Wimborne this evening. Hope I don't drop off during the show 🤞

That’s a blast from the past.Seems years since he used to be on TV

That jogged my memory of that era Mike Harding

Last edited:
Top Bottom