The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Location
Oxford
Morning, chimney being swept today
 

Mike Ayling

Mike 1942
Good morning from a darkish Dorset. Temperatures still up in the high teens / low twenties forecast for this week. A trip to Lidl beckons, the pasta dish that I made last week and took over for tea when I collected granddaughter from school was a great hit so there's a request for more. ( Lidl " Deluxe " bronze cut tagliatelle) evidently the majority of supermarket pasta is produced using stainless steel dies, and while this is great for the longevity of the cutting surfaces it produces a very " smooth " finish. The traditional method used bronze cutters which give a rougher surface to the pasta for the pasta sauce to adhere to. 🤔
Have a peaceful day folks

Good to know that!
 

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
G'day all.
A cool 9° here. Its been raining but supposed to be bright, cool and sunny all day.
The 'Friends of Peelhall Park' are having a big cleanup today which includes lots of brushing, litter picking, painting of benches and railings around the playground etc. My SiL has been doing a lot of work mowing and raking the old meadow and will be planting LOTS of wild flower seeds.
TBH I am the original Mr Cynical and think we are inviting the kids to increase thier graffiti and glass smashing efforts, we shall see.
 
Location
Widnes
I think you’re either a beard person or not a beard person, I’m definitely not a beard person. The other problem is that I’m not that grey and still have a reasonable head of hair, my beard was a lovely silver colour which made me look as if I used “just for men”


I had a moustache for a while when I was in my 20s
then grew a beard which I had for several years

I had fair hair at the time (now grey - where there is any!)

the beard started to go ginger over the years
then half of the bit below my bottom lip started to go a very fair grey while the surrounding by was dark ginger

which looked weird so I shaved it off

That was a long long long time ago!
 
Location
Widnes
Update in the problem caused by "that pub" and its food and my Coeliac Disease

yesterday my thinking was terrible
Yes - looking at my thread - even worse that usual

I got confused easily and multi tasking was "difficult"

got better as the day past but my wife says it was obvious to her that I was struggling at times
weird that it is my mind that mostly gets affected while most people just throw up (from both ends) for several hours

I suspect that my guts will be reacting for some time - not obviously but in term of what the will absorb
My blood test in a few week will be interesting as it can take a few months - according to the docs - for the guts to go back to normal
 
:hello: Morning, just recived my blood test results.....I'm still anemic, no wonder I'm tired all the time
and I've been on iron tablets too, there must be something wrong with me :sad:
 
Top Bottom