The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Migraine. Rough.
 

PaulSB

Squire
That raises an interesting point where we agree just to keep the peace.

We all do it I guess, to a greater or lesser degree.

A cultural thing too, in all probability.

Americans are far more direct/blunt ime, and logically they are more honest.

I find myself implying agreement (by a non-commital shrug) to the young offspring of friends who it would be potentially awkward to get into a red-hot debate with. Annoying as they can sometimes be annoying with their ageist comments.
Yes, we have some good friends who hold diametrically opposite views to us. Us/them. Lab/Reform 😲 Brexit bad/Brexit good, immigrants........you get the picture. I've given up remarking on anything like this in their company........it doesn't end well and we have plenty of other things to discuss.

Yet my cycling buddies and me are two Lab, one Con. We have brilliant conversations over many political topics.

It's strange.
 

PaulSB

Squire
Anyhow. I started my G&T at 5.30, the alcohol and sleep thing. My Cervelo is out of the box clean and shiny, unless we have really good weather she will hibernate under her dust cover for a while.

Plenty of small tasks achieved as well including grass cutting. Mrs P is in the bath. The pasta bake is in the oven. The two are connected........I have to persuade Mrs P to get out so I can have tea.......😋

Apologies to @SpokeyDokey .....this may tip him over the edge.........pasta bake. We like some veggies in ours, I like cauliflower, Mrs P broccoli.........so I put the cauliflower at one end of the dish and broccoli at t'other end......😃
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Right..I can do this...👍

20261003_190008~2.jpg
 

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Location
Barnet,
How long have you actually been constipated?
A good clear out can make every thing feel better

Prunes and their juice are a great help.😋
 
Location
Widnes
Flu jabs done - got both of ours at the same time to make it easier

Interesting as this is the first time we have been the the HighField Health place since the GP said they were likely to move ther

so it was a chance to do a quick recce


Then drove SWMBO to Prescot for a Facial (whatever that is???) and waited and drove her back

Then we officially gave up on summer and brought the patio furniture cushions inside and packed up the umbrella shads and its weight things

Just need to find a cover for the sofa and chair not - don;t need a hardcode one as it will be under the gazebo

Lawn need cutting tomorrow plus car needs washing

but that needs it to dry off first so migth try a morning ride
wonder where the cafe boat is tomorrow??
 
Top Bottom