The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Location
Widnes
I am guaging them by how the wall clock appears (or doesnt) from 10 ft.
Day 3 I could see the time with my right eye, through a fog but still there.
Day 4 the same.
Today I can just see it with my left eye.
I will definitely need new specs.
I am feeling brave enough for a stroll when it warms up.
Thanks for asking, much appreciated as are everyone's comments.

Good to hear they are getting betters
give them time and take it easy - Ferrari don;t need a replacement for Lewis this weekend!
 

tarric

Veteran
Location
Scotland
Well a bit of a crappy end to my travels, broke down on the A8 just outside Colindres, recovery arrived quite quickly inside an hour. Recovered to their depot as it was Sunday and no garages open. Managed to find a garage that would look at it with the help of the recovery driver as the answer from most was 2 - 3 weeks just to look at it. Upshot I spent 5 days in a hotel and now on the last leg of my trip home, while it's being repatriated to the garage I use to see what the damage is. My guess is an arm a leg and most likely a kidney as well. Fingers crossed they manage to fix it before my next trip in January. I have to say Nationwide's breakdown insurance worked well, yes the was some stressful moments but on the whole it when quite smoothly.
 
Location
Widnes
And the burning question of the day is........why would anyone choose to jump in the Tiger enclosure?
They frighten me when I see the raw power they have.

That was my first thought
probably through it was like a big cat - and cats like him so he will be fine


or possibly he had some sort of mental problems or something

Just hope the tiger is OK and no-one demands it be put down as being dangerous
er - yes - it is dangerous - it is a damn TIGER - they are supposed to be dangerous!!
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
I'm having my right eye sorted tomorrow morning and have been watching (🤷‍♂️) your progress with interest, Dave.. Glad you're getting there!
Having had my left eye done 9 years ago after an injury, I know roughly what mine will entail.. 🕶️
 

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
I'm having my right eye sorted tomorrow morning and have been watching (🤷‍♂️) your progress with interest, Dave.. Glad you're getting there!
Having had my left eye done 9 years ago after an injury, I know roughly what mine will entail.. 🕶️

You are doing it the sensible** way ie just one eye.
**as I said, from what the specialist told me I thought mine was the correct way.
Good luck with yours though I'm sure you won't need it.
 
Top Bottom