The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
We might "need" them for our children but that doesn't mean its them that will get them........I think that's what @numbnuts is alluding to.
I know what he is alluding to. It’s just there are no fact to back it up .
I will not comment again on this and suggest you do the same otherwise the mods will step in .

Best if we go back to worring about you and your eyes . 😀
 

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Location
North Wales
We might "need" them for our children but that doesn't mean its them that will get them........I think that's what @numbnuts is alluding to.

And the downsize is that there is less and less countryside left. All towns and villages are getting closer and closer together. Very sad.
When I look at all black and white photographs and see how much of the countryside is now covered with houses, I sigh and feel bad . Animals are losing their natural habitats because humans have decided they need their space.
This is a small country by today's standards and we are destroying it.
 
Location
Widnes
I will do that. People like Dirk etc need my wise input.
BTW, I notice plans are approved for 350 homes at Cronton**......more lovely green belt bites the dust.
**for others, Cronton is near Ebiker and (to me) is/was an oasis of green between Warrington and Liverpool.

On that subject
There have been a LOT of complaints in the village
campaigns, letters to councillors and everything

Main thing they are complaining about is that the houses - and naturally the land they are on - are in one county
but the access road comes out into The Village - which is in a different county

and it means that the traffic for the houses will go through the village
instead on starting out outside The Village and only some going through the village

The concept that they are building on prime farming land in an area of the country that is very built up
has not been mentioned
just the traffic
 

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My wise words for the day. A lot of people are behaving like ostriches IE keeping their heads buried in the sand methinks.

Moving on, we and egg on toast today, and I made a golden syrup cake as well. Its very nice. :hungry:
 
Top Bottom