The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Good afternoon. We are swinging between grey cloud and sunny blue skies. I have bottomed downstairs, writing that just reminded me I missed the back porch, tea is prepared, much tidying has occurred..........as I hoovered the last room Mrs P remarked "I was going to do all that tomorrow" I decided not to comment, saying nowt would have been better.

Off to Chorley next. Clarks website claims the shoes I want are in stock.......we will see. I'll call in at the farm shop for a gammon for tea. Then when I return it's Paul Time!!! Mudguards on the C3 first and then a couple of hours on the allotment.

A good and productive day so far.......
 

Elybazza61

Legendary Member
Nice although a bit chilly day here so got out for a ride after a biggish breakfast and a couple of coffees.

Steady 62km's and relatively quiet roads.

IMG_7558.jpeg


Have to have a look at the bike as there was some tyre and brake rubbing going on after swapping in the 35c Teravails and Halo wheels.

Rest of the day will be watching the NFL and maybe a beer this evening.

Oh and tomorrow I've got a Flu vax appointment.
 

SpokeyDokey

69, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Moderator
Nice although a bit chilly day here so got out for a ride after a biggish breakfast and a couple of coffees.

Steady 62km's and relatively quiet roads.

View attachment 824300

Have to have a look at the bike as there was some tyre and brake rubbing going on after swapping in the 35c Teravails and Halo wheels.

Rest of the day will be watching the NFL and maybe a beer this evening.

Oh and tomorrow I've got a Flu vax appointment.

What bike have you got - lovely colour!
 

Exlaser2

Veteran
Although I think Lewis might go blind if he has any more fun with his new girlfriend.
I really respect Lewis as a person and as driver . But I very much doubt he has ever had a ‘ real ‘ girlfriend at any time in his life . 😂😂😀
 
Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
It was the Bournemouth Half today, one of our club runners did it in 1:23. As you say, a good time. When I was doing a bit of running the rough rule of thumb for those looking to run a sub 3 hour Marathon was that you needed to have run at least 1:25 in a half in the build up.

When i was running it took me 1.30 for 8 miles.
I only did a half marathon once but cannot recall the time.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
When i was running it took me 1.30 for 8 miles.
I only did a half marathon once but cannot recall the time.

Ive nefer done a full Snickers, only a half and finished at a few seconds under 1hr50m, which was about average for my age IIRC. I would have been 35.

I was still, stupidly, a smoker and my friend photographed me crossing the line with the cig in my mouth that I'd lit a few seconds before finishing.
 

Exlaser2

Veteran
I think he's a prat, but I dont have any ill feelings towards him. If he's having fun with Ms Kardashian then fair play to him.

As for Kim, she could have had me but blew it... by never contacting me in any way!
She doesn’t know what she’s missed 😂😀 You could have shown her the joys of the Royal & Derngate, the Northampton Filmhouse and Northampton Museum and Art Gallery.
 
Top Bottom