The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Blimey, I nip out for a forest gump and all hell breaks loose!

Mrs D doing chicken for dinner. Nice.
 

Exlaser2

Veteran
It was really light winds for sailing today and I was in two minds wheither to rid up or not . I gave myself I stiff talking to and rigged and started . I did a couple lap and the same in , the wind was as bad as I thought it was going to be . It wasn’t the sailing that’s the problem , the boat was going well. It’s my 63 year old knees. Dinghies come in two kinds , deep cockpit ones that you sit in and self draining ones ( like mine ) that are shallower and you spend a lot of time on your kneeling in light winds . I do love this boat , it does everything I want from at boat at this time but I do know at sometime I will have to change to a deep cockpit boat if I want to continue sailing into my 70s. 😀
Anyway coming off early saved my health and temper ( and got me to the bar first ) and all is well in the exlaser household as Mrs exlaser won the race by a country mile .
Let’s hope for a little more wind next week. 😀
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Ahhhh.. The mysterious Eastern Township...

Aye. Scumbertubs, Crackthorn, Rectum Farm, Little Beirut, Smackfields, such a wonderful and rich history.
 

Gunk

Guru
Location
Oxford
Aye. Scumbertubs, Crackthorn, Rectum Farm, Little Beirut, Smackfields, such a wonderful and rich history.

I lived in Goldings in a shared house when I left home in 1982. I was virtually the only person who got up in the morning and went to work, it was one of the most depressing 12 months of my life, horrible place!
 
Top Bottom