The rise (?) of Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
@mybike - I'll ask again; is there any chance you could give give us your best evidence, scientific or otherwise, to support your claim for a young Earth?
You already know the answer, the Bible. If you accept that the Bible is the word of God and that what it says is factual then that's the evidence. God trumps science.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

Yep, an ignorant comedian. If he says something it's got to be true. :wacko:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The Bible gives a genealogy of a line that leads to Abraham and adding up the ages in that genealogy tells us how long after the Creation Abraham was born and, since we know when Abraham was born, it gives us an age of the Earth of about 6000 years.
So, you base your claim on the Bible?
Do you believe that everything in the Bible is factually correct?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
@mybike - I'll ask again; is there any chance you could give give us your best evidence, scientific or otherwise, to support your claim for a young Earth?

You asked for scientific evidence and I told you, science cannot provide such.

So, you base your claim on the Bible?
Do you believe that everything in the Bible is factually correct?

Can you prove it isn't?

MikeG

Guru
Over the years the claimed age of the Earth has increased with no real evidence but by using different methods of claimed but never measured accuracy. Science has no means of calculating the age of the Earth.

Every single word of this is a lie. A falsehood. Nonsense. Bollocks.......

So, I ask again, is there a special corner of hell for people who lie for jesus?

The Bible gives a genealogy of a line that leads to Abraham and adding up the ages in that genealogy tells us how long after the Creation Abraham was born and, since we know when Abraham was born, it gives us an age of the Earth of about 6000 years.

The babble is the collected myths of iron age goat herders, re-written X times and translated badly.......and no original exists (it was actually put together by an Italian hundreds of years after JC died). There is no historical evidence for the existence of jesus. There is nothing to support the claim that the babble is the infallible word of god, other than the babble itself. And if you accept the word of the bible, you accept that gang rape is an acceptable form of behaviour, and that keeping slaves is OK. Being as the whole thing is complete fallacious dribble, why the hell would anyone take that as having anything to say about the age of the planet. They didn't have a damn clue, and neither does anyone who thinks the earth is 6000 years old. As I said, I've handled ice cores 150 times older than that, and there are living trees older than that.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Can you prove it isn't?
I'd appreciate it if you would stop tap dancing and answer a simple, straightforward, honest question - 'Do you believe everything in the Bible is factually correct?'
A simple Yes or No will suffice.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
You think a comedian is an authority?
No, but his observation was both accurate & funny. Like it or not, some of your fellow humans insist on clinging to outdated mythologies that make no sense and simply aren't true. It does call into question basic intelligence & perception of our world. I guess some people just can't handle reality.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Sorry folks, but arguing about what someone chooses to believe is getting a bit heavy for the Cafe and isn't something I can justify moving to News & Current Affairs since it is neither of those.

Move along now and please don't restart this particular line of discussion anywhere else on CC.

For those who do want to continue discussing science vs dogma you may be interested in our sister site: https://talk247.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom