The rise (?) of Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
OK, so let's see your best scientific evidence for a young Earth.

There is no scientific evidence, you cannot measure the age of the Earth with science. On the other hand, no matter how you twist it, history will not allow for more than 10k years.

Levo-Lon

Guru
There is no scientific evidence, you cannot measure the age of the Earth with science. On the other hand, no matter how you twist it, history will not allow for more than 10k years.

I think we all need to ask God, he can tell us why he decided to create a flat earth.
Time 6 days so he rolled it out, and 10k is about right.
Makes sense really as he's a big cycle fan and bikes are relatively a new concept.

winjim

Smash the cistern
farking dinosaurs.

Actually very young in geological and evolutionary terms but you get my point...

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Really?
OK then, give us your best non scientific evidence.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yes it is. In the same way as any positive claim induces the burden of proof. Those who have dated the earth at 4.5 billion years have had to show their working (and have it checked tested endlessly by others), so those who claim the earth is 6,000 or 10,000 years old need also show their working. (It's hilarious when they try........).
Didn't they claim to have worked it out by running a 'timeline' of people in the bible (Old Testament) mind some of those lived for hundreds of years.

Less Cars on the road back then I suppose

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Didn't they claim to have worked it out by running a 'timeline' of people in the bible (Old Testament) mind some of those lived for hundreds of years.
Bishop Ussher's chronology.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology

He can't even define Evolution honestly, he's a fraud. Evolution is the claim that all the variety of life we see descended from one common ancestor.

You haven't a clue what your talking about. Did you actually watch the talk or are you spouting this nonsense from the pages of The Watchtower.

MikeG

Guru

Have you any idea how stupid this sounds, when there are tens of thousands of papers which detail evidence of stuff billions of years old? Do you know anything about radioactive decay? No? Well, those that do can work out how old rocks are.........and using multiple different dating methods, they all come to the same conclusion. And look, I have personally worked on ice core samples that were 800,000 years old at the bottom, and I could easily date that as a first year university student. You can't talk about science when you know absolutely sweet sod all about it. If you want to pick apart arguments, then you have to know a little of your enemy's position, so I suggest you do a little educating of yourself first, because lying isn't going to convince anyone.

Doesn't lying for jesus mean you end up in a dark corner of hell, or something?

MikeG

Guru
Used to work with a 'very intelligent' bloke who also happened to be a young earth believer... the laws of physics are some huge lie perpetuated by the followers of the devil, dinosaur bones are really dead demons, the global dragon myths are proof that the dark lord exists and UFOs are also demons. Quite worrying really.

I can do better than that. I work occasionally with dendochronologists, who date timbers precisely from their tree rings against local samples. Here in this part of the country we have a virtually continuous tree ring chronology going back 10,000 years to the end of the last glaciation. One of these dendo guys told me about an intern they got from the USA who wanted a career in the subject, but who believed that anything over 6000 years old was simply created that age by god. They sent him home as wasting their time. Can you imagine the conflicts in that idiot's brain when the evidence said a piece of timber was 10,000 years old, but his indoctrinated brain told him that a 19th century interpretation of the collected myths of iron age Arab goat herders meant it could only be 6,000 years old!!!

Hell, there are older living trees than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom