The rise (?) of Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You've to explain it using wording that others accept, and can be understood by others.
How about "has members everywhere"? There, job done, end of nonsensical pseudo intellectulism.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
37238814_2074371632593107_5076074894836367360_o.jpg

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
The burden of proof is on those making the claim for evidence of a young earth.
They have yet to come up with any acceptable evidence to substantiate their claims.
Personally, I prefer to go with the current, peer reviewed, scientific consensus.

Don't be silly, of course it isn't. And the 'consensus' belief in an vastly older Earth has required an increase in age. BTW, consensus is destructive of science.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 5367397, member: 9609"]done a little experiment last night with disturbing outcome

whilst minding my own business paddling along the water front I seen this object on the horizon
View attachment 427750

so I quickly ran up the sand dunes and, low and behold the world is round
View attachment 427751

just to prove I was on the sand dune, and
View attachment 427752

there's somebody else on the beach:eek: - what's all that about
View attachment 427753 [/QUOTE]
Hmmmm, I reckon if I put a spirit level across that horizon it'd be pretty flat.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Don't be silly, of course it isn't. And the 'consensus' belief in an vastly older Earth has required an increase in age. BTW, consensus is destructive of science.
OK, so let's see your best scientific evidence for a young Earth.

No more Xenophobic than blaming the English for everything is. It's a two way street.
I don't blame the English for everything.
Only Brexit and voting Tory :whistle:.
It's the government that are a bunch of s3f523"$"£^ff%394&NO CARRIER

Still and all thank you. I've lived in Scotland longer than any other place, so I guess I'm taking the pith out if myself then, although my kith and kin seemed to have moved on to blaming MI6 this week, putting me begin d the times again .
Thank you for being gracious about my poor reaction. Your post felt like a bit of a non-sequitur cheap shot but you have qualified it well, and the thread has since devolved completely into non-sequitur so I can't summon any ire about it.

I'd just seen a lot of normally reasonable people on the twitters using rhetoric against Scottish people that suggested both a concerted attack and a lack of insight into the political landscape and made the false assumption that your post came from a similar position. I guess my reply was a manifestation of frustration about that.

As you clearly have no time for either Farage or JRM we have more in common than not :cheers:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I don't blame the English for everything.
Only Brexit and voting Tory :whistle:.
It's the government that are a bunch of s3f523"$"£^ff%394&NO CARRIER

Thank you for being gracious about my poor reaction. Your post felt like a bit of a non-sequitur cheap shot but you have qualified it well, and the thread has since devolved completely into non-sequitur so I can't summon any ire about it.

I'd just seen a lot of normally reasonable people on the twitters using rhetoric against Scottish people that suggested both a concerted attack and a lack of insight into the political landscape and made the false assumption that your post came from a similar position. I guess my reply was a manifestation of frustration about that.

As you clearly have no time for either Farage or JRM we have more in common than not :cheers:

Glad you 2 made up, you wouldn't want to push each other over the edge!!

MikeG

Guru
Don't be silly, of course it isn't. ........

Yes it is. In the same way as any positive claim induces the burden of proof. Those who have dated the earth at 4.5 billion years have had to show their working (and have it checked tested endlessly by others), so those who claim the earth is 6,000 or 10,000 years old need also show their working. (It's hilarious when they try........).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom