The rise (?) of Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He can't even define Evolution honestly, he's a fraud. Evolution is the claim that all the variety of life we see descended from one common ancestor.

That's... not evolution. That's in no way evolution.

When people try to discredit evolution, they are denying reality. The process that makes people look like their parents has the same underlying mechanism as evolution, ffs.
If you want to bring a meaningful argument to the table, focus instead on abiogenesis, not evolution.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Time for a theme song for this thread ?

View: https://youtu.be/QTfOB_TBBew

Bit out of date now but it is from the late 70s- early 80s

winjim

Smash the cistern
Those Flat Earthers are wrong. the earth is in fact concave.
The earth is hollow. Where do you think the aliens come from?

map_2972003d-jpg.jpg

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
That's... not evolution. That's in no way evolution.

When people try to discredit evolution, they are denying reality. The process that makes people look like their parents has the same underlying mechanism as evolution, ffs.
If you want to bring a meaningful argument to the table, focus instead on abiogenesis, not evolution.

Abiogenesis is the rising of life from non life. I was referring to all life rising from one form of life.

Clearly the process that makes people look the same as their parents has nothing to do with the claim the the very different can arise simply given enough time.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't the same as either of my parents. I look different to each of them. They made sure they shuffled the deck.

mybike

Have you any idea how stupid this sounds, when there are tens of thousands of papers which detail evidence of stuff billions of years old? Do you know anything about radioactive decay? No? Well, those that do can work out how old rocks are.........and using multiple different dating methods, they all come to the same conclusion. And look, I have personally worked on ice core samples that were 800,000 years old at the bottom, and I could easily date that as a first year university student. You can't talk about science when you know absolutely sweet sod all about it. If you want to pick apart arguments, then you have to know a little of your enemy's position, so I suggest you do a little educating of yourself first, because lying isn't going to convince anyone.

Doesn't lying for jesus mean you end up in a dark corner of hell, or something?

Papers mean nothing, and yes I know about radioactive decay. I also know that no one has ever calibrated radiometric dating or demonstrated it to be accurate. And using different RM dating methods is not the equivalent of using different methods because they all use the same fundamental mechanism.

Ice core samples are dated on the basis of interpretation and belief, they are not an accurate or reliable means of dating.

Thanks for the accusations of lying.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Thanks for the accusations of lying.
What else would you call it if someone holds a dishonest position and claims that it's true?
Particularly so when they have been asked to produce their best evidence to support their claim, but ignore the request.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Used to work with a 'very intelligent' bloke who also happened to be a young earth believer... the laws of physics are some huge lie perpetuated by the followers of the devil, dinosaur bones are really dead demons, the global dragon myths are proof that the dark lord exists and UFOs are also demons. Quite worrying really.

This is what US comedian Lewis Black had to say about creationists who built dioramas with dinosaurs in the garden of Eden 'creation museum':

"I cannot be kind to these people. They watch the Flintstones as if it's a documentary"

'nuff said really:okay:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
@mybike - I'll ask again; is there any chance you could give give us your best evidence, scientific or otherwise, to support your claim for a young Earth?

mybike

Yes it is. In the same way as any positive claim induces the burden of proof. Those who have dated the earth at 4.5 billion years have had to show their working (and have it checked tested endlessly by others), so those who claim the earth is 6,000 or 10,000 years old need also show their working. (It's hilarious when they try........).

Over the years the claimed age of the Earth has increased with no real evidence but by using different methods of claimed but never measured accuracy. Science has no means of calculating the age of the Earth. The Bible gives a genealogy of a line that leads to Abraham and adding up the ages in that genealogy tells us how long after the Creation Abraham was born and, since we know when Abraham was born, it gives us an age of the Earth of about 6000 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom