The Rules (according to CycleChat)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I wasn't even going to mention L*ger, its so beneath my contempt!!

As for Deuchars.... well, I am a dark man really, but I had a pint of Deuchars years ago and it tasted decidedly odd (and that was me drunk). Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I had a bottle of it, and, it wasn't too bad, so maybe in about 5 years time I'll finally find out if I like it or not! :laugh:

Ah, there's hope for you yet! I have to confess to a preference to dark ales myself (thus confirming one of Linford's prejudices), so what can I say - apart from the fact that you're in good company, of course? :whistle:

Is there something you want to get off your chest?

:biggrin:

Reactions: TVC

Wobblers

Euthermic
Rule 5 needs to be as rule 5 from the velominati. This rule applies at all times to everything we do.

Until rule 5 in this list is corrected I feel I must ignore your rules and wherever possible break them.

Bonus points for refering to rule 5 in everyday conversations. For instance :

"I broke a nail", "Rule 5"
"I crashed my car", "rule 5"

The only exception is "I scratched my bike". And even then it has to be an Italian carbon framed and wheeled beast that needs extra weight added to keep it on the road.

Hmmm.

"Aaargh! A car's just run over my foot!"
- "Have a beer"

"Aaargh! I think I'm having a heart attack!"
- "Have a beer"

"Aaargh! My OH has just left me for someone who doesn't spend their entire life on some sad online cycling forum!"
- "Have a beer"

Yes. I think that works.

OP
OP
R

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Well, that seems to be have been a generally constructive 24 hours, the rules have now been expanded as the result of the wisdom displayed by the peers.

I will resist the temptation to accuse some people of not taking this burden seriously as I know all politics and democratic input takes time to evolve for the greater good.

ayceejay

Guru
I have a point of order regarding the plural 'socks' which I am assuming (perhaps erroneously) to mean two socks and the specified colour. Are we talking about when bought or the end of season colour?

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Is there something you want to get off your chest?

Not really, I have been a victim of two infringements of these rules, but I am guilty of breaking two of them.

Reactions: TVC

Lanzecki

Über Member
HaVe to object. Beer and cake are essential and override any previous rules

Sir, You may object. to my objections. To answer as suscintly as I can, I reply with "Rule 5" (Not the beer rule)

If Beer and cake override all rules there surely there is only need for 3 rules:

1 : Beer and cake are the answer.

2: Refer to rule 1 after Considering rule 5.

5: Man up, and apply rule 1

Sir, You may object. to my objections. To answer as suscintly as I can, I reply with "Rule 5" (Not the beer rule)

If Beer and cake override all rules there surely there is only need for 3 rules:

1 : Beer and cake are the answer.

2: Refer to rule 1 after Considering rule 5.

5: Man up, and apply rule 1

That'll do for me. As long as cake and beer win, I'm there and will agree to *anything

btw - I wasn't a 'Sir' last time I looked :laugh:

*disclaimer - unless I decide not to.

Top Bottom