The Sherwen and Liggett Tour thread *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Liggett today, on the helicopter camera focussing in on an outdoor swimming pool with "Vive Le Tour" written on the side in floats..."and nobody is swimming today, they are all watching the Tour"...as the camera shows someone swimming up and down the pool :laugh:

Hont

Guru
Sean Kelly Bingo/drinking game:

"CertainTly"
"In the last number of days"
"Group of big favourites"
"On the rivet"
"Tord" (third)
"In the final kilometres"
"General Classiment" (award yourself double, as he does appear to have started saying classification now)
"Bonifications" (need a race where there are time bonuses)

Feel free to add any I've missed.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Wiggins:

'I was hit by a rocket earlier and got covered in yellow stuff....... look at me...'

Yes Bradders, we can see you are covered in something yellow, but it doesn't look like a flare!

carolonabike

Paul Sherwen - "He's either off the front, off the back or in the middle". I can't remember who he was talking about but I think he would in trouble if he wasn't.
You have to love them though.

dragon72

Guru
I find Sher-ggett too amateurish to listen to.
They are in the Alan Partridge league of commentators who talk without thinking.
Here in Mexico I get the Sherwin-Liggett show on TV via the ESPN channel. I watch it because I love seeing the TdF in HD.
But I have the sound on mute and listen to the (slightly) more intelligent Eurosport commentary via the internet on my computadora. Trouble is, it's always slightly out of synch. "And Greipel gets the stage!" - 3 seconds before I see it.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

They are in the Alan Partridge league of commentators who talk without thinking.

spot on mr dragon. They are still trying to do the commentary as it was in the mid-80s when Channel 4 first showed the tour on TV. Explain it to the uneducated. Everyone else has moved on, and they still think everyone knows feck all. And the "they are doing it for US TV" excuse is piss poor. US audiences are not ****ing morons.

Did I really just get way with all that swearing without asterixes???
Swearing? Breadly would laugh at your amateurish efforts.

P&P are dreadful. The awful slow and deliberate explanation of the 'king obvious. The repetition of each other's last comment, just to buy time for the brain cells to fire up. The endless cock-ups and errors. F1 has very good commentators, why can't cycling have someone better than the idiot twins?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

The best bit of ITV commentary is when the covergae starts 'early' and Imlach, Boardman and Rendell just have a chat...or that is how it feels. Like a knowledgable chat,with a bit of banter, some amusing asides and silences when there is nothing to say.

Top Bottom