The Sherwen and Liggett Tour thread *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
It does make you realise how bad Duffield was/is, that I used to look forward to the Tour because there was Phil and Paul instead.

I still cut Phil some slack, though, just because of "...that looks like Roche. That looks like Stephen Roche."

Sherwen not so much.

stargazer

Vermiculturist
Sean Kelly Bingo/drinking game:

"CertainTly"
"In the last number of days"
"Group of big favourites"
"On the rivet"
"Tord" (third)
"In the final kilometres"
"General Classiment" (award yourself double, as he does appear to have started saying classification now)
"Bonifications" (need a race where there are time bonuses)

Feel free to add any I've missed.

SuddenT accelleration

re Sean Kelly don't forget 'he's making the calcul-e-e-e-yshun'

Liggett called Radioshack, Radioshack Neessan, today. Most of the time I don't know they're mangling words but just occasionally....

festival

Über Member
As the race draws to its conclusion, I have to say, I have never liked Liggett but this thread has made me think about his work over the race and now I really don't like him.
I switch channels to try and catch the piece to camera, etc that ITV do well but if I hear his comments it just makes me cringe.
A campaign needs starting up, Liggett OUT!

Pottsy

And I've just come back from the US and Sherwen and Liggett are commentating on their coverage too, with some cheesy sponsor related tag lines thrown in.

Stinkybloomers

Hey guys,first post here,i was cracking up reading all the comments about P&P,and had to add to it.
nee-son is how americans pronounce Nissan ( being a Brit living in the US for nine years i hear it a lot !) so i think they tend to pronounce it that way otherwise the viewers will be like, huh,what the hells a nissan?? Or maybe the sponsor told them to pronounce it that way. Either way its bloody annoying. (btw, Hyundai is pronounced Hunday, to rhyme with Sunday here too!!!)
Anyway, my main point to add, which im surprised nobody else has mentioned here, is that every time Liggett makes a point about something, Sherwen will always start his reply with the word NO. Example:
liggett: Now Cadel can make up some time here because hes an excellent descender.
Sherwen: No he certainly is

WTF??

Another one while watching the olympic womens road race today,talking with co-commentator Al Michaels about the landmarks seen around the race route
Al : you can use these landmarks as a prominent backdrop to frame the playing field in cycling
PS: No you certainly can.

He does it all the time and its bugged the sh1t out of me for several years. Listen for it if you havent noticed it before,youll be surprised how many times he says it during one race.

Top Bottom